PDA

View Full Version : Celebes rainbows

rothenb1
03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I came across a fresh shipment of Celebes rainbows at my LFS. They were so beautiful and I had never seen them before (after a little research I found that they were quite rare in the fish trade because they need pristine conditions in order to breed). I bought the whole batch... that was a lot of money!!

Anyway, I had 12. 8 females, 4 males. I'm down to 5-- 4 females, 1 male. It baffled me because my water parameters were perfect (ammonia 0, nitrates 5, nitrites 0). I later read that these fish were incredibly sensitive, so I guess it's not a huge surprise that some died. The remaining fish are lively and seem quite healthy.

I got my money back for the deceased fish, because the LFS said they weren't sure if they were going to get another shipment any time soon.

I couldn't get a decent photo of them because they rocket around so quickly, but here's one I found online of the male:

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/Rainbowfish/images/CelebesRainbowfish_MarosatherinaLadigesiWFRa_AcF20 8.jpg

I'm hoping the LFS gets some more in soon so I can re-stock!