PDA

View Full Version : I regret the day . . .

brincatmark
03-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I decorated my tank. All my discus do is hide. Sometimes I even forget they're even there :(

Hopefully they outgrow their hiding places soon.

Water parameters are all perfect. When I do see them, their condition is perfect. They just prefer hanging out behind the bogwood and under the filter.

And yes by the way, they are the biggest fish in the tank. Just some scavengers and 4 guppies

vita1989
03-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I decorated my tank. All my discus do is hide. Sometimes I even forget they're even there :(

Hopefully they outgrow their hiding places soon.

Water parameters are all perfect. When I do see them, their condition is perfect. They just prefer hanging out behind the bogwood and under the filter.

And yes by the way, they are the biggest fish in the tank. Just some scavengers and 4 guppies

ouch man, i've never seen discus to be much of cave dwellers that sucks :( you should have gone with a moderate-heavy planting IMO

Cliff
03-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I know how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if I have finsh in my tanks

Once you add a lot of stuff, or change a lot in a tank, it can have the same effect on the fish as if they were moved to a new tank. Once they get more comfortable with there new suroundings, you will see them more and more.

Lady Hobbs
03-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Many fish are hidy fish but when they are hiding like that, they are comfortable and serence. If you didn't have enough plants in the tank for them, they were probably out in the open and feeling defenseless. They will be out and about more once comfortable with their space.

brincatmark
03-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your answers. I'll get some more plants then :)

rhonin
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Now you don't!

Did you ever have fun as a kid (maybe you still are...) playing I Spy or Where's Waldo?

FIsh can be so very like that.

Now that I think about it, I frequently find myself doing "Now where is [insert name here] hiding today?" for some of my fish.

I think always on display you lose some of the "WOW" you retain when they hide/show for you.

Just my thoughts...

:22: