PDA

View Full Version : Help W/my little problem

BiGBlak
03-20-2010, 07:49 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/142/l_95bc8ba099c34cf5b9df26ede94e6ec2.jpg
im not sure if you can see it but basically my background paper is messed up. i got like water between it and the tank and its irritating me you guys have any tricks or methods or other things i can use besides this glossy paper ? i remember reading something on one of the other threads about gouramis attacking the glass because of there reflection and to use construction paper ...?

souly
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Do you have inside the actual tank?

I have mine background Taped outside of the tank.

You can paint the back of the tank as well.

brincatmark
03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey mate, I have like a piece of plastic to move the air. U need some moisture between the glass and the paper. I used to use this for my car window tinting.

But you can use a ruler. Find the airbubbles and push them up.

The Shield
03-20-2010, 11:46 AM
If you're getting water between the background and glass, and it is placed under the top lip, then chances are the silicone between the glass and rim has a leak, or it's splashing on the rim and trickling down. Try lowering the water level just a tad to see if this helps. This may increase the flow thoughout the tank tough, so you'll have to see if it's too much of an increase for your fish. My 50g had the same problem and lowering the water level solved the issue.

BiGBlak
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
If you're getting water between the background and glass, and it is placed under the top lip, then chances are the silicone between the glass and rim has a leak, or it's splashing on the rim and trickling down. Try lowering the water level just a tad to see if this helps. This may increase the flow thoughout the tank tough, so you'll have to see if it's too much of an increase for your fish. My 50g had the same problem and lowering the water level solved the issue.
i dont think it has a leak. when i take my light/hood off to organize plants or whatever im doing . water leaks between the paper and tank .