PDA

View Full Version : Favorite tv programs

HeatherH
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
What is your absolute cannot live without tv program/show?

Right now I am counting the days until True Blood (HBO) starts back up on June 13th (hate Twilight-too tweeny for me),Ghosthunters (Syfy) started back up two weeks ago and Destination Truth (Syfy) tonight! I love Josh gates. :1luvu:

Wild Turkey
03-17-2010, 03:16 PM
New episode of south park tonight, been watching since i was in 4th grade, i'll be 23 next month thumbs2:

Take that simpsons! Jk I love the simpsons

Cliff
03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
My is house, Big Bang Theory, and Family Guy.

I love the humor

Aeonflame
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
If south park were to end, the world would be unrecognizable to me. other than that.. dexter.. californication and house

HeatherH
03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I love South Park but I don't get to watch every episode,the other night I caught about 15 minutes of the guinea pig pirates and laughed until I cried. I had to go to work so I couldn't finish it.

The Shield
03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
When I have time to watch TV it's mostly Chuck, Kitchen Nightmares, and Fringe. Lately I've become addicted to Holmes on Homes. That's one bad Canadian guy that knows his building stuff! :hmm3grin2orange:

MCHRKiller
03-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Dexter...probably my favorite show ever....and may I just say damn that cliff hanger, cant wait till September :hmm3grin2orange:

I also enjoy....Most Evil, Deadliest Women, I (almost) Got Away With It, Family Guy, King of the Hill, Moral Orel

Aeonflame
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Dexter...probably my favorite show ever....and may I just say damn that cliff hanger, cant wait till September :hmm3grin2orange:

I also enjoy....Most Evil, Deadliest Women, I (almost) Got Away With It, Family Guy, King of the Hill, Moral Orel

Rita's dead :scry:

and no more king of the hill :scry:

Wild Turkey
03-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Moral Orel is also canceled, they decided the last season was too depressing to play the rest of the episodes :(

MCHRKiller
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah she is but there is alot of theories surrounding how she died, or even if it is a dream sequence. Sad fact of TV...the great shows get canceled. I dont see why cartoon network wont play the rest of the Moral Orel episodes, it is a great parody of how things are. Besides its not like late night viewers are going to be offended, especially after an episode or two of Robot Chicken. I did forget ATHF...another goodie :11:

annageckos
03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Um, I don't watch much tv. I do love south park but haven't seen it in years. My cat's name is Kenny after that show. I am really likeing some of the compatitions on Food Network and always watch Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs when they are on. But I don't watch tv every day, sometimes it is weeks between watching anything.

labnjab
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
South Park rocks, can't wait for the new season to start tonight.

Here's the list of what we like that still play new shows, in no particular order

South Park, Family Guy, Cleveland Show, Simpsons, Southland, Trama, The office, Parks and Recs, Community, 30 Rock, Law and Order SUV, Mercy, Scrubs, Flash Forward, V, Glenn Martin DDS

There's plenty more but I just can't think of them now, we watch a lot of tv:hmm3grin2orange: DVR is our best friend

AABatteries
03-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Shows I always watch when they're new, Chuck and Pawn Stars, sometimes American Pickers.

smaug
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
My one guilty pleasure for tv shows I enjoy is Caprica.I really enjoyed the first season of Battlestar till it got to be nothing but a bed jumping drama.

MCHRKiller
03-18-2010, 12:01 AM
DVR is our best friend

Amen to that! I never watched any show with dedication before owning a DVR.

james20
03-18-2010, 12:13 AM
The Office, Criminal minds are my top 2.

Wild Turkey
03-18-2010, 12:41 AM
I also really enjoy the office (american version)
Nothing better than a fake reality show

Mith
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Family Guy hands down!

For those of you who like South Park... ever seen the uncensored version??? OMG... LOL

lowlight
03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
The only thing I watch religiously is Formula1. I like House, 2 and a half men, Deadliest catch and old war or westerns that might come on. Other than that I watch whatever I find interesting at the time I am watching tv like National Geo or the History channel.

Northernguy
03-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I prefer cop shows when I am not watching Hockey,Nascar or other forms of racing!lol
I like the CSI and NCIS series.
I am not a fan of the night time cartoons.
I do enjoy Mythbusters and How its Made type shows!

Aydreean
03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I have grown emotionally attached to the characters in Lost and The Office. If I could live off of 2 shows it would be those two. I do watch Attack of the Show on G4 almost every night too.

labnjab
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Amen to that! I never watched any show with dedication before owning a DVR.

Lol, we rarley watch live tv any more. We usually let the show record half an hour or more and then start watching it. That way we can fastforward through comercials

Who watched the new South Park last night? It was awesome

HeatherH
03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Family Guy hands down!

For those of you who like South Park... ever seen the uncensored version??? OMG... LOL

Oh yes! It's so much better when Cartman doesn't get bleeped out every other word. :hmm3grin2orange:

SunSchein89
03-19-2010, 07:28 AM
AHHHHH you guys suck, I'm not that far into Dexter yet! I was still waiting for season 4 to show up on Netflix. Some people don't have showtime :scry: . Spoiler alert next time please. Well other than Dexter, there's South Park, just got to season 3 of Weeds and still going, Mythbusters, Family Guy which I haven't seen much of lately, Futurama still has a good few episodes that I can watch for the millionth time yet. And, although not really a TV show, anything narrated by or featuring David Attenborough is normally grade A programming. I'm sure I'm leaving out some good ones too, but those come to mind.

Aeonflame
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
AHHHHH you guys suck, I'm not that far into Dexter yet! I was still waiting for season 4 to show up on Netflix. Some people don't have showtime :scry: . Spoiler alert next time please. Well other than Dexter, there's South Park, just got to season 3 of Weeds and still going, Mythbusters, Family Guy which I haven't seen much of lately, Futurama still has a good few episodes that I can watch for the millionth time yet. And, although not really a TV show, anything narrated by or featuring David Attenborough is normally grade A programming. I'm sure I'm leaving out some good ones too, but those come to mind.

LOL.. sorry sunschein. But to be honest, I dont even have cable or watch tv. I download and watch everything on my pc.

Oh.. and do ya wanna know what happens in Weeds? huh? do ya? :hmm3grin2orange:

Lady Hobbs
03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
"Breaking Bad" premires on AMC March 21 for this season. I love that show and I also like Saprano's. Wish that would come back for another season, too, but it's not likely. Regular shows I like are Criminal Minds.

I hate the reality shows and especially the rich housewives shows. What a bunch of rich, snotty women! argh

HeatherH
03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I hate the reality shows and especially the rich housewives shows. What a bunch of rich, snotty women! argh

I can't stand reality shows. 99% of it is scripted anyways,they make them fight and act like #sses to get the ratings. I can't stand soaps either.

Lady Hobbs
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Like the Bad Girls Club? What a bunch of phoney balonies. I can't take all that screaming and complaining non-stop. I rather like Gene Simmons show. At least he acts kinda real and his family aren't half nuts.

Aeonflame
03-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Sorry LH.. I cant forgive Gene Simmons for what he did to KISS. Besides, the man is really full of himself. Have to agree with you though.. I HATE "reality" shows.. I loathe them. They make me wanna defenestrate my tv. (toss it out the window) (yeah I have a dictionary)

I used to love battlebots. I've been waiting for the new season. Oh.. and for game shows.. Who's line is awesome

Lady Hobbs
03-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm out of the loop. I have no idea what he did to KISS. I do know he's smart as a whip and one heck of a businessman but that's about it, I'm afraid.

jimw/oscar
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
hey im jims wife and yes june 13 hurry up. i usually dont like vampire shows but true blood got me and looking very much to it starting up again.

Aeonflame
03-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah, hes smart, but unfortunately he's more of a businessman than a musician. Thats what alienated Ace and Peter from the band, since they were merely "employees" and not partners and they had no say in anything. Gene constantly lorded that over them. Apart from being a businessman, hes also quite pompous and thats what caused him to overdo the merchandising. people began to see tha band as a cheap gimmick or a real life toy ad.

HeatherH
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Not a Kiss fan-never was,nor will I ever be-but I sort of enjoyed Family Jewels. He lets his kids walk all over him and that's unusual for Gene.

HeatherH
03-19-2010, 01:24 PM
hey im jims wife and yes june 13 hurry up. i usually dont like vampire shows but true blood got me and looking very much to it starting up again.

I hated the thought of vampires until I watched this show. Now I can't get enough of it. Who's your fave? I myself am all over Eric. :18:

jimw/oscar
03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
naw Bill is better.