PDA

View Full Version : help....disaster in aquarium

schizoknight
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Well i have a community aquarium........about 55 gallons.......it had 2 gold severums......2 firemouths.......1 oscar......1 pleco.......and 2 tiger sharks..........they have been with me for past 1 yr....

I first noticed red spots around the mouth of my larger severum 1 week back...he fights a lot with other severum so didn't take seriously (thought it was a fight injury).....gradually it was seen coming all around the body and pretty soon it involved both severums............there was blood streaks all over the fins.....

The disease spread quickly and the tiger sharks were dead next morning........the tails of surving fishes were red and filled with haemorrhagic spots, later it was rotting so gave treatment for fin rot.......as per advice by my fish dealer i changed water.....and treated the fish with nalidixic acid.......no help....the ph is okay and nitrites are normal........but within 2 days i lost a severum and a firemouth with similar illness.......

now 1 severum, 1 oscar, 1 firemouth and 1 pleco is left.......and in very critical health.........the body of surviving god severum is all red........it's tail is like a broomstick and the pleco is just lying upside down and the oscar just sits in the bottom..... iS THERE ANYTHING that can be done????????????

rollie
04-17-2006, 11:29 AM
i think it to late. you should of treated the tank as soon as you see it. i do not know the name of what you got, but i seen it before. pimafix and melafix use togertor will work, if it not to late. they made by aquarium pharmaceuticals.