PDA

View Full Version : Sick Black Moor

nynamyna
03-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I have a gold fish and a black moor in my 10 gallon tank. I am having it for the past four moths with out any problems. Suddenly I noticed a white growth on the body of my black moor. He has become sluggish after this. I am not sure about the disease. I have checked the water quality ammonia: 0, nitrite: 0 and nitrate : 5 . I have attached the image with this . Please have a look at it and help to identify the problem so that I can treat him."

Thanks
Bharathwaj

VoidParadigm
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
It's either a fungus or Ich. Please wait for a second opinion.

Edit: Saw the size. Please note that your Blackmoor will need 20 to 30 gallons at Adult size.

nynamyna
03-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the post......I know but I cannot afford a big tank now......
update: He is always at the top of the tank.....some time he seems to lose balance....I think he has constipation.....so I have fed him peas and I am letting him starve for one night........That white growth has reduced in size...

Thanks
Bharath

xasuma
03-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Try and use some quick cure,
It has work with me.
I had a fish with similar sympthomps as yours, and now, 2 months later he is fine.
It took me like 4 days with the quick cure.
:22:

nynamyna
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
thanks for the suggestion........should I add quick cure to the aquarium or should I isolate my black moor and add quick cure? what about the carbon in the filter should I remove it before adding quick cure?

Thanks
Bharath

annageckos
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
You fish NEEDS a bigger tank, 29 gallon is minimum for one fancy goldfish. If you can not supply this maybe you should rehome your fish. Your fish will get stunted and stressed in a ten gallon. These will lead to health problems, illnesses and a early death. You said your fish is always at the top. Is it gasping at the surface? Goldfish do not spend a lot of time at the top unless there is food or something wrong.

nynamyna
03-05-2010, 04:34 PM
It stays close to the filter and does not gasp in the top for air...It is very lethargic...I will re home it soon.....Thanks

xasuma
03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Take him out of the tank, and then apply quick cure.
In this very right moment, i have a black moor by himself and giving him quick cure too,lol.
Wherever you put him in , make sure its not too different temperature and make water changes.
Dont keep him for more than 4 days.
Good luck :22:

And if its your only fish, he should be allright in the 10 gallons for a while (thinking he is not adult size).

nynamyna
03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Now he is recovering......that white growth has reduced in size......

He is getting active too......

xasuma
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Nice to hear, hope he gets better again :22:

nynamyna
03-16-2010, 04:11 AM
I treated him with quick cure for the past one week ....suddenly there was a white cotton like growth on his body.....I figured that it was a fungus ....so I treated him with fungal medicine.....Now that fungus is eliminated ....But that old white growth has come back again......But he is active and he is eating normally....