PDA

View Full Version : Betta and...

james20
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
The fish in my signature? I think they will be fine but will the RS be a problem?

souly
03-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Male or female betta? Bettas are iffy, sometimes they get along well with other fish, sometimes they don't. I'm not sure if the RS would be good with the betta or not...

troy
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
It depends on the temperament of the betta. Have a separate tank set up for your betta just in case.

Oscar_freak12321
03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I'd say flat out no. Even if the betta is the best behaving fish you've ever seen, it's not going to do well with the RS. If you'd like to keep a betta, I'd start a smaller tank just for the betta. That's my two cents.

Wild Turkey
03-03-2010, 02:52 AM
A female may be worth trying, but I dont it will go well with fish like danios. They are the opposite as far as activity and curiousness, in my experience they pester betta-fish to no end.

The RTS is a terrible tankmate also, fast swimming and somewhat aggressive, you want the opposite type fish for a betta commmunity.

If you are gonna try it, I agree that having another tank ready is a good idea.

annageckos
03-03-2010, 02:54 AM
No you are already pretty well stocked. Besides that a male will get his fins nipped and your bottom is already taken up by other fish.