PDA

View Full Version : What's the common name for Aponogeton boivinianus?

teddscau
03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
If I were to walk into Pet-A-Rama and look at their plants, what name would Aponogeton boivinianus be under?

Lukenasia
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Just did abit of small research, it appears to have no true common name, so it would appear that the scientific name is also the common name. Aparently after abit of reading they are quite hard to keep and can be quite expensive.

Quote from thekrib.com

Aponogeton boivinianus

Yet another plant from Madagascar, Aponogeton biovinianus Has wide heavily puckered leaves that look like a piece of kelly green seersucker. While some sources report that this is one of the more difficult Aponogetons, other people seem to have very good luck with it. What is clear is that this is another plant that requires very clean water as well as a rich substrate. Unfortunately, this plant has not been successfully propagated at this time, so supplies are imported from the wild, with the result that it is on the expensive side.

teddscau
03-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks. I found out that the leaf I found attached to my java moss (no dead from being sucked up by the filter) has little bulbs attached to it. Two of the bulbs are growing the speed of molasses in January! I think there might be maybe 2 or 3 more bulbs on the leaf. I'll show you a video of them hopefully by tomorrow.

Lukenasia
03-02-2010, 11:06 PM
A picture would certainly help, other people would certainly be able to ID it. :22:

troy
03-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Aponogeton will probably part of the name.