PDA

View Full Version : ESV B-Ionic

CaptainKid
05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello All,

Is anyone out there familiar with this product?

It's a calcium and alkalinity buffer... 2 bottles, component 1 and component 2...

Reason I ask is; I just started adding this to my tank last week. My PH had fallen a bit to about 7.9 and I asked my LFS for some advice. Owner of LFS turned me on to this product, he said that he's used it for years, not only as a calcium/alkalinity buffer but for all kinds of trace elements beneficial to my tank.

Now, he instructed me to add the proper dosage to my tank at least 3 times a week. The directions on the bottles say, every day. Another guy at the same LFS told me to watch the PH as it will rise a bit when adding this product. He suggested adding it once a week.

So, I added it the first week, PH went up to 8.3 over night. I left it alone all week, and just added it (second time) yesterday. PH is now 8.4. I'm afraid to add this again as it might send my PH up even higher. Now, if I followed the directions on the bottle, would me PH be off the charts?

So, if anyone has any experience with this product, or understands what's going on here, and could offer some advice, or knowledge... I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

jeffs99dime
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
what species of fish are you keeping?

CaptainKid
05-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi jeffs99dime,

Right now, there 3 Engineer Gobies, 1 Lawnmower Blenny and a bunch of crabs and snails (cleaning crew).

The Gobies came from a friend who didn't want them anymore, and the Blenny was part of my cleaning crew package. I haven't decided where I'm going to go in regards to specific fish, the tank is still new and I'm in no rush. I've been going on the advice of my LFS.

Oh, also. Tank is 75 Gal. w/about 65 lbs of LR and about 50lbs of LS.

Hope this helps.