PDA

View Full Version : Should I euthenize?

SkarloeysMom
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, I'm not sure what to do. I have 2 white clouds that I've had for over a year now. A few days ago I isolated them in my 2.5g tank. One had become a real pain in the #ss chasing and nipping at other fish. The other has some of the signs of TB but I'm not really sure. They are both still eating fine but they seem to both swim a little sideways from time to time and the one I think has TB has a definite curve downward of the tail.

Now that I've isolated the mean fish with the sick fish the mean one is harassing the sick one. I know I should just off them both but I'm having a hard time making myself do it. I keep thinking what if the sick fish really isn't sick? I don't want to put the sick fish back in my 10g for fear that she really is sick. Oh BTW- one of the guppies I bought for the 10g about 3 weeks ago got what looked like TB within 2 weeks of purchase and I took him back. So far none of the other fish that were with the TB guppy have gotten sick except this old White Cloud and I still am not sure she's really sick. Do White Clouds get a little downward slope to their tails when they get old?

Anyway, can y'all give me you opinion on what I should do please? I think I need someone to give me a reason to do what I'm pretty sure I need to do anyway or not. :confused:

Oh, all tanks are cycled and water quality is great as of yesterday's tests.

Lady Hobbs
05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
I would get rid of both of them.

SkarloeysMom
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, that's really what I think too. I was thinking to myself today after I posted, "Why am I attached to these two 99 cent fish?" Maybe I'll get my husband to do the dead while I'm out tonight so I don't have to think about it. Euthenaisia is the absolute worst part of pet ownership. But I guess that's pretty obvious.

gm72
05-08-2007, 01:16 AM
A agree that you should euthanize. To do this, I take a large cup of water, add the fish, and put it in the freezer. It does suck though, no doubts about it. It isn't that they are just "99 cent fish," but rather they are part of your family. You're a good animal keeper. Never lose that attachment to your critters regardless of how small/inexpensive they may be.

SkarloeysMom
05-09-2007, 09:31 PM
A agree that you should euthanize. To do this, I take a large cup of water, add the fish, and put it in the freezer. It does suck though, no doubts about it. It isn't that they are just "99 cent fish," but rather they are part of your family. You're a good animal keeper. Never lose that attachment to your critters regardless of how small/inexpensive they may be.

Thanks GM. I took care of those little dudes for over a year and I hate to put 'em down but I guess its for the best. I'm feeling really bummed about this run of TB I'm having. Now I'm seeing one of my girl guppies coming down with it. I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna lose all my fish now. Thank goodness my Betta is safe alone in his own tank.

gm72
05-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Keep a very close eye on the situation.