PDA

View Full Version : Good catfish for my tank?

james20
03-01-2010, 02:05 AM
hi. i have a 20g (see fish in sig) and was wondering what a good catfish would be for my tank. I was in love with silver tip sharks but they get too big and are brackish, so they are out of the picture. I used to have a Pictus in this tank, but he ate some of my fish and had to be returned. To give you an idea on the types of cats I like, they are ones similar to t he Pictus and catshark. I was thinking some cories, but I'll have those at the bottom of the list, I'll have them as a backup if there aren't any other catfish that can go in my tank. So, what do you think I should get?

annageckos
03-01-2010, 02:16 AM
There aren't many cats I can think of that will fit in a 20 gallon other than cory cats. Maybe glass cats or Pareutropius buffei. But that depends on your stocking too.

Looked over your stocking, that rainbow shark really needs a bigger tank. If you are not going to rehome it I wouldn't add any other fish other than upping your neons to six. And I would not add any bottom dwellers as long as that shark is there.

james20
03-01-2010, 02:23 AM
There aren't many cats I can think of that will fit in a 20 gallon other than cory cats. Maybe glass cats or Pareutropius buffei. But that depends on your stocking too.

Looked over your stocking, that rainbow shark really needs a bigger tank. If you are not going to rehome it I wouldn't add any other fish other than upping your neons to six. And I would not add any bottom dwellers as long as that shark is there.

I'll re home the rainbow in a few months. Oh yeah, and the Rainbow is very mean towards everyone else in the tank, even if they come near him.

rich311k
03-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Only thing I can think of is some syno cats are smaller, some armored cats are smaller. They will be touigh to find. I agree no bottom dwellers until that shark is rehomed.

troy
03-01-2010, 02:44 AM
The otocinclus you have needs to be kept in a group.