PDA

View Full Version : anyone try kuhli's with kribs?

kimmers318
04-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I have seen a few times when researching that kuhlis can sometimes get along with kribs and would love to try it. If I can find them that is! I have a pair of breeding kribs with 2 german blue rams and would love to add kuhli's...anyone ever have any success? I already have plenty of hiding places awaiting there arrival if I am lucky!

William
04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I have kept Kuhli Loaches with kribs a long time ago and it worked out fine. They can however be good egg thiefs so you might get less fry from the kribs if you add one.

kimmers318
04-17-2006, 12:42 AM
That is quite alright since I have no intentions of raising kribs so whatever fry make it won't be kept anyway. "ma & pa" as I call them can do whatever they want as far as spawning, and whatever happens, happens!

William
04-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Well than I donät think you will have any rpoblems. Just be aware that Kuhli loaches are good hiders and you migth not se it every day. I actually had one I thought had died but that I found very much alive 6 months later. It was in a densely planted tank.

kimmers318
04-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Now the problem will be finding them! I have only seen one lone black kuhli in one store....would rather have the striped ones since I have heard the blacks are more of a shy loach

Full3R
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
both species are shy and will rarely come out unless they are hungry for example i had the striped kuhlis and i saw them once a week because they loved their skull to much (they lived in a ornamental skull)

William
04-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Good luck tracking them down. It should hopefully not be to hard.

kimmers318
04-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I did find the kuhli's, by accident actually, but brought some home anyway! I had gotten an email from a fish store about an hour away that they FINALLY got in the sparkling gourami's I wanted to finish up my 64 gal tank, so I of course ran right up there to get them and they had an entire tank of striped kuhli's.
I have some pics I took while they were floating (figured I may not see much of them after their release, better do it now) and did get lucky enough to catch a few pics last night when I got home from work, but photo bucket is not working right now so I will be back with pics later!

William
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Glad you found them. And don't worry. You will get to se them after you released them to. They just might not come out when you want them to.