PDA

View Full Version : Awards & Medals

William
09-17-2006, 07:17 AM
There are a number of different award and medals that you can be awarded here at Aquatic Community.

There are four basic types of awards:

Community Awards
These are awards that are awarded as a result of the members voting. Examples of such awards are the member of the month and picture of the month awards.

Special Awards
These are awards that are awarded to members by me. These awards are given to members that have proven themselves in one way or another. Or have done something special for Aquatic Community. These awards will never be given to a member that asks to be given them. So don't ask me for one of these awards!!!

Earned Awards
These are awards that are earned by reaching different milestones here at Aquatic Community. Such milestones can be to have made a certain number of posts in our forums, made a certain number of entries in your blog here at Aquatic Community or referred x users to our forum. Members who meet the criteria can request their awards on the awards page!

Group Awards
These are awards available only to certain member groups. An example of this type of award is the staff awards that are given to Aquatic Community staff and the trader awards that are given to traders with good record and trader rating.

Visit the awards page to see a complete list of awards.

Brutus
10-18-2006, 07:37 AM
how do the bonus points and the bank work i cant get in2 anything o explain it.

Severus
10-18-2006, 02:17 PM
With your points you can purchase things in the store, or buy a lottery ticket, etc.... It should be working for you, you can deposit money(points) in the bank by clicking on the link at the Bank page. It says Enter The Bank

Brutus
10-18-2006, 02:31 PM
how do you get more points? Is it every time you post or log on. sorry about this I'm only just getting to grips with the site. thanks

Lady Hobbs
10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Each time you post, you get points.

Severus
10-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Or you could play the lottery

SkarloeysMom
05-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I now have 999 points but i still cannot buy anything or enter the lottery. How many points do I need before I can start buying or gambling? Hee, hee.

hungryhound
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I now have 999 points but i still cannot buy anything or enter the lottery. How many points do I need before I can start buying or gambling? Hee, hee.

Keep in mind that there is tax on every purchase. It is not clear and it drove me nuts for a while too.

SkarloeysMom
05-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, I've been trying to enter the daily lottery which is 500 points for a while and even with 999 points it will not let me buy a ticket. Tax can't be that much. Is there some minimum point level before you can get in the lottery?

hungryhound
05-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Well, I've been trying to enter the daily lottery which is 500 points for a while and even with 999 points it will not let me buy a ticket. Tax can't be that much. Is there some minimum point level before you can get in the lottery?

Make sure you have the money withdrawn from your bank account. I'd pull out more than $500 to account for tax (just do the full $999 as you can redeposit it once you've bought your ticket). Good luck!

SkarloeysMom
05-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Make sure you have the money withdrawn from your bank account. I'd pull out more than $500 to account for tax (just do the full $999 as you can redeposit it once you've bought your ticket). Good luck!

Thanks Hungry! I figured out the problem. I was banking all my points and not withdrawing them before trying to purchase a ticket. I got it now!

Nick89
10-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey, just wanted to ask if i could possibly get some type of award, or awards. I have 700+ posts and I think i have tried to help people out here. Thank you.

CAF
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I have requested your award... you are not eligible for another until you hit 750 posts.

crackatinny
10-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey, just wanted to ask if i could possibly get some type of award, or awards. I have 700+ posts and I think i have tried to help people out here. Thank you.

You have to request awards, I have done a sticky on how to do this.

~Erik3.8.07~
10-24-2007, 11:17 PM

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php

go there and scroll down till you find the awards your eligible for and hit request. You have enough for a bronze activity award and only need 15 more for silver activity award

Squidman
12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
How do you contribute species profiles?

cocoa_pleco
12-08-2007, 08:07 PM
How do you contribute species profiles?

PM them to william

Squidman
12-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Ok, Thanks.

Treerat
02-29-2008, 01:32 AM
So what happens if you pass many of the milestones and no one recommends you for awards that are heaped on others? I'm not about tooting my own horn cus I feel bad cus its selfish to do so, but can you submit yourself for something you did that has an award? Or does someone else have to? I kinda figured that the system would mark the milestones, too. Like the ranks with posts.

doug z
02-29-2008, 01:42 AM
You ask for them yourself..

William has enough on his plate besides looking for milestones among every member of this forum.. :)

And even then, you'll be waiting a few weeks.. LOL

Drumachine09
02-29-2008, 02:34 AM
You go to the forum page, and click on "Awards & Medals", or "Awards". I forget which one. Then you find the award you need, and hit "request awards". Fill out the form, and send it.

Awards are handed out every Sunday (if possible).

dean30bb
06-17-2008, 06:24 AM
hi im confused it ses in the medels and awards thing, that shows u what medels there are ,and theres one that has if uve put say 10 fotos into the gallery u get a medel and i havent got one after putting a few of my fotos in the gallery and theres more than 10 fotos that i put in could sumone plz explain how it works

thanks

Evil Slimy
06-17-2008, 06:31 AM
I applied for the gallery one as well and did not receive it. Maybe it takes a while :)
Did you do what the post above yours says and apply for it?

dean30bb
06-17-2008, 06:34 AM
yeah but its been awhile now

Fishalicious
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi Dean...

Did you request the Award by going into the Awards & Medals topic on the forum and hitting the request button beside the award you have achieved?

Slimy if you have already requested it awards are usually given out every Sunday

Evil Slimy
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I requested it sometime last week (before sunday). Maybe the application form isn't working?

Fishalicious
06-17-2008, 08:52 AM
I'll look into it :11:

Actually if you upload one more foto you can go straight for the silver ;) ;)

Evil Slimy
06-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah! Silver. The womens they will be all up ons! ;)

Ryuu
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
JW are you explaining everything again like the rules and such,

William
06-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Sorry slime. Didn´t get the gallery one. I have recieved it now and you will get the award on sunday.

LORENZO
12-06-2008, 12:37 PM
:help: Yes, I am requesting the activity award bronze!

William
12-06-2008, 01:45 PM
please read http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?p=403170

for info on how torequest the award

Jaster
03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Don't want to be a bother but I've requested a few ribbons about a couple weeks ago and haven't seen them yet. I've read through the thread here and noticed it takes about a week but Also seen sometimes things don't always go through. So I was curious if I should request them again or not or if the Powers That Be are up to their eyeballs with stuff and simply haven't gotten to it yet. If some one could look into it when you have a spare moment (no rush, just curious) that would be great.

FYI, I've requested the Link award, the Bronze reputation award, and the Bronze gallery award.

Thanks all! thumbs2: