PDA

View Full Version : help with a ten gallon

guppy
02-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I've had my anubias nana for about two weeks now and im rele enjoying the live plant and would rele like to get more! So the question is i have 3 watts per gallon (two 15 watts) and i was wondering what lighting this is considered, as in high or low? I would also like to no what sites pple use to get their plants, i was thinking about liveaquaria.com. And also ne suggestions for plants?
thnx for the help!

smaug
02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
That would be sufficient lighting for many plants if it is of the correct k rate and type [fluor or compact fluor].he nana you have and any other anubias you would like would do well.You have about middle of the road light intensity.

Lab_Rat
02-28-2010, 06:16 PM
That should be sufficient light for many plants. With 3 wpg you may need to dose some form of carbon and some ferts, but you may be ok without.

Easy plants with that light would be crypts, java fern, java moss, rotala indica, anacharis, maybe some of the smaller vals, in addition to the anubias. If you can find a smaller species of sword that would work well too (there is a species that stays about 5-6".

annageckos
02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Also vals and dwarf sag would do well and are easy plants along with water sprite and wasteria.

SunSchein89
02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I'd check out wisteria too. Mine has been doing awesome in my 10 gal with two 10 watt bulbs (2 wpg) since I got it and I think it looks pretty good. You should be able to find it at your closest PetCo too, it comes in those little tubes.

smaug
02-28-2010, 08:06 PM
That should be sufficient light for many plants. With 3 wpg you may need to dose some form of carbon and some ferts, but you may be ok without.

Easy plants with that light would be crypts, java fern, java moss, rotala indica, anacharis, maybe some of the smaller vals, in addition to the anubias. If you can find a smaller species of sword that would work well too (there is a species that stays about 5-6".
WhoooHooo!Good post Labby.Good to see ya can still type:shappy:

Lab_Rat
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
WhoooHooo!Good post Labby.Good to see ya can still type:shappy:

Hi Smaug! I've been very busy with work and life, though it hasn't affected my typing skills. Right now I've got a big presentation to work on so I'm here procrastinating. :22: