View Full Version : Fishbowl causes fire
02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
02-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Lol! Ban fishbowls!! "...and the goldfish was the only casualty"... too funny.
That poor goldfish in the article pic is gonna be a casualty living in that tiny bowl.
Something like this nearly happened to my grandma. She had a glass ball like object on a windowsill.
02-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Wow! I can see understand how it could happen, but would never have thought it could happen.
And here I thought the only danger to keeping tanks in direct sunlight was too much algae! Apparently now it's to stop fires!!!
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
lol I agree this is a great excuse to ban fish bowls thumbs2:
Of course, If the fish is In a bowl; In the sun; in the playroom, doesnt sound like they put much thought into it in the first place... Goldies revenge!:hmm3grin2orange:
02-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Another reason not to keep goldfish in bowls!!
02-28-2010, 01:14 AM
well, thats how augustine fresnel discovered the fresnel lens, which is the beehive jewel looking lens atop a lighthouse. i have been inside a first order lens at curituck and it gets warm inside. of course, the brick tower and iron gallery don't really keep it cool. the bowl looked like it was barely big enough to put the whole fish inside. poor guy, it was almost better for it to die like that than to be kept in a shot glass like that.
02-28-2010, 02:34 AM
the bowl looked like it was barely big enough to put the whole fish inside. poor guy, it was almost better for it to die like that than to be kept in a shot glass like that.
Ummm... that's a stock photo, not the actual bowl and fish that caused the fire.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.