PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish and Pearl Gourami

Kiwilover
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, I really like Pearl Gourami, and they shouldn't bother my other fish, but I was wondering, will two Pearl Gourami fight with 2 Common Angelfish?

AmyLynn
02-21-2010, 06:59 PM
They might or they might not. You also need to think about whether your two angelfish will fight with each other. My two pearl gourami get along fine with each other now that my tank is planted and they also get along fine with my one angel. I have a 55 gallon planted tank so everyone has spots to go hide if they need to.

What size is your tank? That may be a determining factor in the aggression.

annageckos
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Alot depends on personality, tank size, stocking and visual barrier(plants, wood, rock...). Are your angle fish paired off or have they been living together for some time? Not all angle get a long. Next I really think that pearl gouramis should be kept either one pearl or three or more pearls. I know with my pearls, my male can be nice one minute than pissy the next and chase the female away.

Kiwilover
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
To answer the questions you asked to answer mine:

I moved all of my old fish into a 55 gallon, except for the Silver Angelfish, and I plan on adding in Pearls if I can, and then a school of Cardinals and Emperor Tetras. They live in a 29 gallon right now. I've owned the angels for a month now, and they've paired off. The tank is moderatley planted.

VoidParadigm
02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
I'd never suggest Gouramis with Cichlids, especially if the Cichlids are paired. One batch of fry in there and you could start a massacre.

AmyLynn
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
If your angels have paired off then they probably aren't going to like the gouramis in there. They're pretty defensive when they're spawning. Sorry.

mac
02-22-2010, 05:24 AM
I am for not keeping cichlids with Gouramis as well. Never had luck with mine. Though mind you my angle hates everything around him.

Hope the angles are not going to stay in the 29g tank? They will out grow that. They would be much happier in the 55g, and better for them if they are spawning, just make sure that no other fish is in the tank for them to kill off when they spawn.

mac

rangur1
03-02-2010, 04:54 AM
the pearl gouramis will not fare well in same tank as paired angels. and angel will make lunch out of cardinal tetras as well . sorry