PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Gold large to xl

ciclvrWES
02-17-2010, 07:02 PM
My fancy was removed from the comm. tank last week and put in his own 10g tank... Today I noticed his tail looking shredded. We are very concerned.

annageckos
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Was that tank cycled before putting the goldfish in? Besides that a ten is too small for a fancy goldy. 29 gallon tank is the very smallest I would put one in, a 30 would be better. It has more swimming space than the 29. What size is the fish and what size is the other tank?

VoidParadigm
02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
If the shredding happened in the community tank, then just add Melafix and wait for the fins to heal. If the shredding happened in the ten, it's likely stress, so put it back in the community.

ciclvrWES
02-18-2010, 04:30 AM
If the shredding happened in the community tank, then just add Melafix and wait for the fins to heal. If the shredding happened in the ten, it's likely stress, so put it back in the community.
thanx...very helpful...we put him back in our 55g tall...hewas only taken out due to behavior issues..we will keep an eye on him.

ciclvrWES
02-18-2010, 04:34 AM
he was in our 55 tall but had behavior issues...we have had him back in the the big tank for a day.we will keep an eye on him

VoidParadigm
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
What type of behavior issues?
Are there other goldfish in with him or did it have to do with another species entirely?

ciclvrWES
02-18-2010, 06:00 PM
he`s huge he ate a glass fish and killed our black moor...no a guppy and a pleco

ciclvrWES
02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
tank is fine. khloe is 3 y/o very fat 6 inches tail to nose.he is back from time out. 55 tall and a 55 wide

VoidParadigm
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
I can easily imagine him eating a guppy and a glassfish - goldfish will eat anything that fits in their mouths, but killing a blackmoor and a pleco? I'm highly doubting. What proof do you have?

More appropriately said; I'm trying to find out what really could have killed your larger fish. If it's a tank issue, then that needs to be addressed. If really is the goldfish, :shrug:

Scrup
02-18-2010, 11:27 PM
"tank is fine"...

What about it is fine? Specifics on the readings will really help...

goldfish will eat other fish, but like it was said before, I REALLY doubt your goldfish actually killed the other two. In fact if it did attack the pleco it probably would have gotten pretty messed up from it. Armored catfish can do some damage.

VoidParadigm
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
At the very least the "aggressive" goldfish should have a decent number of scales missing. I've never known a catfish to go out of the world easily. Even the tiny corydoras lock their fins up when something tries to eat them - often choking their predator.

ciclvrWES
02-19-2010, 03:13 AM
No scrup when I said tank is fine I was referring to the water..He didnt kill a pleco either..i must have misswrote...but Bug the Black Moor it was only those 2 in there...No Real proof though.

ciclvrWES
02-19-2010, 03:15 AM
I have no real proof. Pleco wasnt harmed...thats his new mate

annageckos
02-19-2010, 03:17 AM
What are your water parameters? Timeouts do not work on fish and will only stress it. Fish do not know right from wrong. They know food/ not food.

ciclvrWES
02-19-2010, 03:19 AM
I know Anna...I was being silly.Because he was hurting other fish in the comm. tank,we gave him his own...with a baby pleco..hes fine now