PDA

View Full Version : Ordered the plants for my 6 gallon

lmm80
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Ok, I ordered:

Crypt Parva
Dwarf Hairgrass
Narrow Leaf Java Fern

I ordered from Lowcoaster on aquabid.com - we have been e-mailing for a couple of days now to figure out the best plants for me. He is amazing and I recommend him highly (received his name from a friend). The plants should be here sometime next week! Woot! :19:

xoolooxunny
05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Make sure you keep us posted about delivery quality/plant quality!! Lady Hobbs had a falling out with an online plants guy, kept getting the order wrong, and took forever, stuff like that. We're always interested in a high quality dealer with decent prices. how does his shipping work?

lmm80
05-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Make sure you keep us posted about delivery quality/plant quality!! Lady Hobbs had a falling out with an online plants guy, kept getting the order wrong, and took forever, stuff like that. We're always interested in a high quality dealer with decent prices. how does his shipping work?

You can either choose overnight shipping or priority shipping ( he says priority usually arrives within 2-3 days) - I chose priority shipping for $5. You can also choose (for an extra couple of bucks) a hot or cold pack. He usually ships on Mondays for priority shipping, so he will be shipping my plants on Monday. I'll definitly keep you updated!

Chrona
05-04-2007, 04:39 PM
For future reference, this forum:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

Has most of the same sellers as aquabid, but the prices are usually much better, as it is fellow hobbyists selling quality plants to other hobbyists.

hungryhound
05-04-2007, 04:44 PM
For future reference, this forum:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/

Has most of the same sellers as aquabid, but the prices are usually much better, as it is fellow hobbyists selling quality plants to other hobbyists.

In case the link does not work. I think that you have to be registered to view the swap and shop, but chrona is correct about the prices.

Chrona
05-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Oops, my bad. Did not realize it because I have cookies enabled and am always logged in :)

hungryhound
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Oops, my bad. Did not realize it because I have cookies enabled and am always logged in :)

yeah me too, but it is definitely worth registering just to browse the swap and shop.

Once I get my water parameters stabilized I think that i am going to get one of the packages of 15 to 20 cherry shrimp for 20 dollars.