PDA

View Full Version : Little Update. 15 of them.

tori.lock
02-15-2010, 05:37 AM
So I've been on the market for some ghost shrimp recently to help spice up the tank activity a little and help clear up the diatoms and waste. I had a hard time finding any, but I wasn't looking too hard. The other day I went to Petsmart and they just had a shipment of them in. I got 15 of them and introduced them to Moose. Needless to say the little bugger was very amused by them and spent the evening trying to find a successful hunting tactic. So far it looks as if they have foiled his every attempt. The little ones are too fast and the big ones are too big. At this point he pretty much ignores them, but I do catch him eyeballing them hungrily ever once and a while. As for the tank it's already looking beautiful. They have worked wonders clearing it up of junk that I can't get to when I do water changes. Once they clear out all the diatoms what should I supplement their diet with?

Also, I promise to get some more pictures of Moose and his little minions soon.

korith
02-15-2010, 07:21 AM
They will eat pretty much anything. When I kept ghost shrimp with my betta, I had problems with the betta trying to eat the algae wafers I put in for the shrimp. It helps to crumble them up a fair bit before adding to tank, that way the betta can't gorge itself with all the food.

I had the ghost shrimp and the betta in the same tank for a few months, then in a few days time the betta went schizo and took out all the shrimp.

gadget228
02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I feed mine flake food and enjoy watching two of them trying to get and keep the same piece. :ssmile:

troy
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Ghost shrimp eat neither diatoms nor waste. Good luck with your ghost shrimp.

tori.lock
02-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, whatever is growing in my tank they're doing a great job at clearing it up. In a few days it's almost entirely gone except for where it's too high on the glass.