PDA

View Full Version : tiger barbs and mickey mouse platys?

zapco23
02-13-2010, 09:46 PM
I have 6 tiger barbs and 4 red glass barbs in a 55g. Will 6 white mickey mouse platys be OK in there?

EmmanuelJB
02-13-2010, 10:30 PM
That would work but I would suggest replacing the glass barbs with 4 more tiger barbs and the platys. But what you have plus 6 platys would be fine. I would suggest going with all male platys.

Also make sure you have hiding places for the platys incase the barbs get nippy.

james20
02-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't know. I've heard people say they've kept Platys and Tigers together just fine, while others say, the Platys were picked on and bullied.

EDIT: Just reading the post above me, I think you should add more barbs so they aren't too picky on the Platys. With Tigers, the larger group their in, the least likely thy are to pick on others

EmmanuelJB
02-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't know. I've heard people say they've kept Platys and Tigers together just fine, while others say, the Platys were picked on and bullied.
I agree. The platys may get picked on, thats why I suggested get 4 more tiger barbs to replace the glass barbs and to make sure there are hiding places. The more tiger barbs the less nippy they will be.