PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dollars gone loco

Lady Hobbs
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
A couple weeks ago my angel spawned and the SD were grabbing her eggs before I could get them moved. Since then, they won't leave this female alone. They don't bother the other angels at all. Now and then the male angel will chase them away but yesterday it surprised me when the Dollars chased him right back.

This is odd behavior for SD who are so peaceful and get along with everything in a tank.

Could they just be bugging her waiting for her to drop more eggs? All 6 SD are glued to this angel all day. So odd.

jeffs99dime
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i would separate the sd's from the angels a.s.a.p hobbs

Lady Hobbs
05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I have to ask why? I removed the little male so she wouldn't spawn this morning but they continue following her around like she's a luncheon platter.

Lady Hobbs
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
OK. Another day=another moving around angels. I added the ornery, butt-kicking angel in with them. He will put up with NO nonsense. LOL

Just having angels has me wondering if I want to deal with cichlids at all. I am constantly moving them from one tank to another due to either aggression or preparing to spawn. What a hassle.

Rue
05-02-2007, 10:50 PM
The SDs were just waiting for more food...I imagine that's pretty stressful for the Angel...

Lady Hobbs
05-03-2007, 12:23 AM
They eat like hogs. I feed them 3 times a day not counting the lettuce, zucchini and other stuff they get (and blood worms).

Everyone is unhappy now. The big male angelfish hates most all fish period..so I usually kept him alone. Now he has these silver dollars to contend with plus 9 black skirts that he hates more than anything. So he is stressed.

I moved the female in with the juvies in a 30 gallon and she is missing her "space" and she is stressed and not wanting to deal with juvies.

My third angel tank is no happier! D***** angels are a PITA.