PDA

View Full Version : Bristlenose Pleco with Livebeares?

xasuma
02-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Right now i have a 10 G with my guppys and platys, (5 total) , and i want to add a pleco to it, i really like them, and i think this is the smallest there is.
Is it?
Well, anyway, i would like to upgrade the size of my aquarium in about a year, to a 30 G maybe. Maybe 30 something. I dont think that right now i have the space to go with any bigger size than that, but maybe in a year.

Can i put the pleco in the tank?
Would he eat the guppys for accident or would he eat the fry's?

And i dont want a huge pleco in the 10 G tank , but i want to have it in it for at least a while.
When its the right time i ll change them .
I want to buy it pretty small, abput 2 inches maybe.

How long before should i get the pleco before change to a bigger size aquarium? ( So doesnt get too big)

And do they go to up to about 6 inches?

------

Also i would like to have some opinions in which pleco should i put in a 75 G with goldfish?
I would like one bigger than the bristlenose tho. Maybe not the biggest , but a decent size one.
By the time it grows i may have a bigger size tank anyways (oh god,lol)

Thank you. :22:

EDIT:

I forgot, the temperatures are 78 for the livebeares tank, and 70 for the goldfish one.

Northernguy
02-11-2010, 05:37 AM
A ten gal is too small for a pleco.Even a bn.
I think they need at least a twenty.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
If you are planning to upgrade in a year then if you get a very small Ancistrus to put in that 10, but it would have to be something like a 1-1.5" fish. That would give you a little time to upgrade, but I wouldn't wait more than 6 months to get that 30+gal tank.

Bristley
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Agreed. I think you should wait til you get the 30g to get the BN. I wouldn't worry too much about it eating the guppy's. BN's are pretty calm and good for community tanks. But they need driftwood so remember to include that in your plans when you look at getting the 30g.

Northernguy
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I have had a bn with my guppy and cory fry.The bn will not harm any of them.

xasuma
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
ok then i guess i ll wait until i upgrade or i kind of figure the time when to get it.
I know not soon tho.

Do u guys recommend any type of pleco for my new 75 g goldfish tank? lol
I ve seen real pretty ones, but i know nothing about their temeprature or anything, 70 degress?(thts my tanks temeperature,will be)

EmmanuelJB
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
In a 30 gallon one would be ok. I think the only pleco that would be able to go in a 10 gallon is a pitbull pleco. Ottos would be better.