PDA

View Full Version : These fish compatible?

james20
02-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi all! I currently have a 20 gallon with 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Oto Catfish, and 1 Pictus Catfish. I will either give away or move the Pictus to a Larger tank when it gets bigger and probably add a few more. In addition to them, are these fish compatible with them?
6 Tiger Barbs
5 Neon Tetras
1 Red Tailed Shark
I am aware the RTS and Pictus will probably eat them when they get bigger, but I will move them when that happens. The reason I don't have a huge tank now is because of financial and space reasons. Will these be good with my current fish. Also, I know Danios and Tiger Barbs (ESPECIALLY the Tigers) are fin nippers, and among those 6 Danios is One long fin yellow Glo fish. The Danios are already nipping at it a little, so I really think I should return him so he doesn't die a death by bullying.
Yours Truly,
Me

EmmanuelJB
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Don't get the Red Tail shark! They need a minimum of 50 gallons and will be agressive. Also you WILL need to move the pictus to a bigger tank or get rid of it. Pictus need 70 gallons minimum and should be in groups. I would also get 10 neons instead of the tiger barbs. Or maybe 8 tiger barbs instead of the neons. I would go with the neons though.

james20
02-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Don't get the Red Tail shark! They need a minimum of 50 gallons and will be agressive. Also you WILL need to move the pictus to a bigger tank or get rid of it. Pictus need 70 gallons minimum and should be in groups. I would also get 10 neons instead of the tiger barbs. Or maybe 8 tiger barbs instead of the neons. I would go with the neons though.

Why not both?

EmmanuelJB
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Why not both?
That was just my opinion. I like larger schools of fish. Also with a smaller group of tiger barbs they will tend to bother other fish more. Thats why I would suggest at least 8 barbs. And with 8 barbs you really don't have room for neons, especially with that Pictus, which you will need to get rid of.

james20
02-11-2010, 12:55 AM
My dad kept 6 Barbs in a Community and they never bothered anyone. He had Serpae Tetras and a few other fish with them that I cannot remember...