These are pics of my pond last year.
http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af260/peavs/pond/

Northernguy
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Nice pond! I like this pic!
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af260/peavs/pond/103_0871.jpg

HeatherB
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
makes me sad....Mine is covered in about 4 foot of snow. Kinda glad the Koi are not in there (they were stolen by some animal and eaten) because trying to keep it snowfree this winter would be too hard!

I do have 2 or 3 feeder goldfish and 1 fancy goldfish in it. Hopefully I can find some larger koi this spring!

peavs
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
that pic was taken near the end of summer. the big koi on the right is no longer here. he died inside this year in my aquarium. the girl on the right however is doing just fine. i was hoping they would have bred this summer coming. I have more pics to upload but i just dont have the time to do so. when i do ill update it.

my pond is frozen about 6" thick with about 3" snow on top of that. I cant wait for the spring thaw to happen.

thanks

EmmanuelJB
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
WOW!! Really nice! I have always really wanted a pond! Too bad it is illegal in Maine to buy fish for any type of pond!

smaug
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Very nice.Sorry about your koi,why did you bring him in?My fish stay outside year round,,,,,,,,matter of fact there out there right now under 4ft of snow and a few inches of ice.I can hardly wait to see them again.

peavs
02-11-2010, 12:34 AM
when i dug this pond at the beginning of the summer my koi were only around 7" so i thought my deep section was big enough for them and the goldies. by the end of summer my male was around 14" and the female was around 11". my deep section is only about 3'wx4'lx4'd. with all the fish that i have it wasnt enough space for them all in my pond.

smaug
02-11-2010, 12:40 AM
It is best to leave fish such as these outdoors even through a cold winter.All that is needed for them to survive is an air exchange hole in the ice.That can be accomplished many way and it doesnt need to exist every day.I use a pump with the outlet just below the water surface which keeps enough water movemnt to keep a hole formed.The fish in cold water use only the nutrients there body has stored and "breathe" very little.Put it in perspective,your fish are in much too small a space inside in your tanks right now.Koi should never be kept in a tank unless that tank is several hundred gallons.

peavs
02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
i know the tanks are way to small for the koi. it was more my parents idea to bring them inside instead of leaving them out. if it were up to me i would have left them outside. they are doing pretty good inside considering. ive got an air pump on both tanks, and two big pumps circulating the water through the filters.

Scrup
02-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Love the ponds!

How big is that snail? that just a normal ramshorn?

peavs
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
The snail in that pic is only about 1/2" or so in size. it looks bigger because i was almost in my pond with the camera to take that pic. Im pretty sure its a ramhorn. I got about 2 dozen from a fellow ponder down the street from me.

xasuma
02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Thats a nice3 looking pond!
I hope u have good luck with ur fish!