PDA

View Full Version : tiger barb..

Pot Puffer
02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
hey all, ive been watchin my barb and he seems too have gotten alot better. i think that his deal was his fins bein nipped so much from bein in a little school. now that i upped the number from 4 too 8 hes been movin around alot more and been nippin at the other barbs. he still occasionally swims like that but usually just at night, and ive been dosin all the tanks with half doses of mela and pimafix. mostly too aid with fin regrowth and in case there are any other minor problems. those guys community is pretty active now, and its pretty awesome watchin all of em fight over algae wafers. ive also been feedin em pees and garlic about every other day. only had one casualty so far, and it was a leporinus that was at pets mart and he looked decrepit so figured we would try to save em. he died in about 5 hours it was a shame but we tried, dont know what was wrong with em. thanks for the advice folks.

shaun2306
03-28-2010, 02:34 PM
can you put male and a female rosy barb in breeding box or a net
and how small it the eggs of a rosy barb and what colour is the eggs

shaun2306
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
can you put male and a female rosy barb in breeding box
can you put male and a female rosy barb in breeding box or a net so they can breed
and how small is the eggs of a rosy barb and what colour is the eggs

annageckos
03-28-2010, 02:54 PM
shaun2306, if you have questions then start your own thread. You will get more answers that way and you won't be hijacking someone elses post.

Pot Puffer, as you learned, tiger barbs do best in larger schools. I have ruby barbs and they love all kinds of veggies and fruits. Cukes and grapes seem to be a favorite. Thou you can feed anything, just stay away from iceburg lettace. Dark leafy greens have a lot of vit. in them.

cer
03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Nipping is just one of the natures of tiger barbs. It is perfectly normal but make shure that it dioes not get out of control.