PDA

View Full Version : 55 gallon tank

Kiwilover
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, what do you think of what I plan for my 55 gallon tank?

5 Black Skirt Tetra (already in 29)
5 Tiger Barbs
7 Zebra Danio (already in 29, kinda cramped)
2 Silver Dollars
3 Emerald Corydoras (Same as above)
1 Clown Pleco
3 Australian Raibow Fish (Maybe, not for sure if I want to get some..)

Sharkman
02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
that sounds pretty good. I'd get 6 coryadoras and atleast 6 rainbowfish. If not more!

KINGMED
02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm by no means any type of expert but I thought tiger barbs get agressive and the black skirts and other fish are pretty peaceful, I'm thinking these may not be so compatable, everything else looks good.

Kiwilover
02-09-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm by no means any type of expert but I thought tiger barbs get agressive and the black skirts and other fish are pretty peaceful, I'm thinking these may not be so compatable, everything else looks good.
Tiger Barbs aren't really aggresive, they may nip fins every once and awhile, but in groups of 5 or more they're fine. Black Skirts actually may do the same thing sometimes. I am avoiding getting the longfin black tetra, because they would be in danger of being nipped. Regular Black Skirts are fine though.

Also, once I get my tank, do you think I could get maybe 4 or 5 more Black Skirts and maybe 8 tiger barbs instead of 5? Maybe I'll also get more Danios too, right now they're kinda cramped with maybe 11 other fish in a 29 gallon, there's space, but danios love lots and lots of swimming room.