PDA

View Full Version : the journey begins

gismo
02-08-2010, 04:18 AM
hi all, when i was a kid my dad had a 10 foot tank! it was spectacular!!!! i used to help him maintain it and we each had our own fish. well i decided it was time to pick it up again but it had been awhile so i started off small, 1st with a 7g then a 14g and a 55g (sorry i dont have a camera so no picks but i will get 1 shortly) and now ive finally found a big aquarium!!!!! i am now the proud owner of a 333g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cool is that!!! it is in need of some tender love and care as the bottom is cracked but ive decided to inlay a sheet of perspex and silicon it down and ive sorted a pump that i will build a filter for that pumps 4500 liters/hour and i already have 1 that does 1000 liters/hour and some gravel, so once i fix the leak oh the possibilities it boogles the mind! is just over 2 meters long and almost 1 meter square. while it cycles im gonna have such wonderful dreams of how to aqua scape it and what to stock it with, planted or not and any advice/cautions/suggestions would be most welcome!!!!!!!!! i will put pics of it up as soon as i get my camera but this journey will take some time ooooooh im so excited:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

lowlight
02-08-2010, 08:50 AM
The journey is yours to take. I just hope you get a camera soon and take some of us with you. I would drive myself nuts thinking of what to do with a 333g tank. I don't even have room for my 20g just the 55g is running and it will have to do for now. So please take some pics I wanna go to.

Crispy
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
For optimal filtration you'll want to turn over a tank that size at least 3000g/hr (thats 12,000 ltrs). You want small fish or big fish? :ssmile:Pics please.

Scrup
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Its wide enough to very comfortably do some large fish or an awesome scape for smaller fish.

Pics as often as possible please!

Bristley
02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Awesome pick up thumbs2:.

333g sounds like a lot of fun. Ooohh the possibilities.

Anyway, keep us posted, and like everyone else has said. Pics! Pics! Pics!

gismo
02-09-2010, 04:48 AM
ooooooooooh i could harldy sleep last nite for all the ideas in my head, ive been driving my self crazy with research into stocking, aquascaping. i will go mad before ive even fixed the thing. lol. but first the hard work. oh my lord does it need a clean and i still have to fix it, hole sheets of anything are quite expensive in nz!!!!!!!!! and the price of filters here, dont get me started, im hopeing to modify a 2 pond pumps??????????/ any one got any ideas coz i dont think i can fit a big enuf sump tank in! im hoping to have fish like discus, dwarf chillids, gouramis, rainbows, angels. i will get a camera as soon as but you wouldnt even want to see it at the moment it looks quite tragic. i cant wait till my 5 year old see's it lol.:hmm3grin2orange:thumbs2: :hmm3grin2orange: :19:

gismo
02-10-2010, 12:26 AM
ooooooooooooh my gosh, we have spent 2 days trying to get this monster out of the van and into the house, its starting to turn into a nightmare, considering that the van its in doesnt belong to me and the person who it belongs to is becoming quite ropeable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well tonight here goes attempt number 4, but we are abit more organized this time so wish us luck. it doesnt even fit thru my front door, we have to turn it on its side and that will be fun with a cracked bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well wish me luck coz it truly has to come out today 1 way or the other.lol. except thast actually not so funny.lol:sconfused: (blush)

lowlight
02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Good luck. Wish I was there to help.

gismo
02-10-2010, 06:34 AM
well its finally in, it took 6 guys lifting and 3 moving the trolly oooooooooooh how i wish id had a video camera, talk about a comedy of errors! lol! oooooooooh its so dirty, ive never seen 1 so bad and i still have to fix the bottom, well let the hard work begin!!!!!! lean, fix the bottom and then some filtration are the orders of the day, so wish me luck and ill let you all know how its going:11: :hmm3grin2orange:

lowlight
02-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Glad you got it in in one piece.

fishlover49
02-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Hope you have a good, strong floor! :ssuprised: That size tank would be awesome!

gismo
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
we only just got it inside in 1 piece.lol and i have to go under the house and cross brace some new beams coz it will be almost 2 ton when its got the water and display background in it, im thinking coral covered spire's with caves and tunnels maybe, decided not to plant it to much. oooooooooh im in heaven
:1luvu: :hmm3grin2orange: :19: