PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility for these fishies?

Owlbehere
02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
So I really want to keep a Leopard Bush Fish (Ctenopoma acutirostre) again. While I would really like to keep it in a 30-37G tank, and some feel it would be fine, I am toying with the idea of getting a 55G. ATM I don't have the room for a 55G tank in my bedroom. It would have to go in another part of the house. <-- I wanted the 30/37 in my bedroom.

So with a 55G, in another part of the house, I have been toying with ideas for tank mates. The LBF (Ctenopoma acutirostre) needs tank mates over about 1.5", or larger than a female guppy.

The set up would have artificial plants just out of simplicity and ease of maintenance. Natural colored gravel, and driftwood. Slightly subdued lighting. I would love to have a canister filter and maybe one or two HOBs.

The fish I have in mind all, supposedly, come from parts of the congo river.
Of course the focus is the LBF (Ctenopoma acutirostre).

For a top dwelling fish/all over fish I was thinking a small school of upside down catfish (Synodontis nigriventris) small being about 4.

For the middle I was thinking, if I can find some, a larger school of Congo Tetra (Phenacogrammus interuptus). About 7-8

For the bottom I need some help... I had in mind a male and two female kribs (Pelvicachromis pulcher) that is if I can find some. But does anyone else have any ideas about bottom fish? I realize I could do some Cory Cats and I love the larger Emerald Green (Brochis splendens). But I was thinking of keeping this tank in the african theme. Any Ideas?

So how does this sound? Is there enough room in a 55 to do this?
Does anybody have any input in some bottom fish?
Any other fish you might substitute or add to the list?

P.S. now that I look at it I might be able to squeeze a 55 in my room. The only reason I don't want it in the rest of the house is my mom has a tendency to rearrange furniture very often and has already asked if we could move the 46G :hmm3grin2orange: I told her no but now the couch is in front of it and its hard to do maintenance. And if I complain she rubs in the fact that I live at home free. :help: LOL

smaug
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Get a 60 gal tall.They have a 36" footprint.

Owlbehere
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Get a 60 gal tall.They have a 36" footprint.
lol had one of those and when we thought we were moving sold it for 50 to a friend :P I can just see what the parent and boyfriend would say if I got one again :P... Not saying it won't happen. Scratch that mine was 4' long

Owlbehere
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
So I measured the space that I could fit a tank. I don't think I can fit anything over 36".