PDA

View Full Version : I think I found what I want!

llonka
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello all!!
I think I have finally decided on what I want to add to my guppy tank!! Do you think Harlequin Rasboras would be ok?? How many would I need to get? I was thinking about getting three, then three but not sure how I should space it out. Only one of our lfs carry them so unfortunately I'll have to get them there.
Thanks again!:hmm3grin2orange:

rich311k
02-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I think it is a fine idea. A week apart should be planty of time for you filter to keep up.

EmmanuelJB
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
How big is your tank? I think harlequins would be a great addition if it is big enough. I love my harlequins they are very ptretty and intresting fish. They are also very peacefull!

llonka
02-05-2010, 06:24 PM
My tank is a ten gallon. I do a 25% water change twice a week :ssmile: I really want something other than guppies in there. Hubby picked out the guppies and wanted something else lol. I wouldn't be overstocking would I?

Padams
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
IF you over care (keep up almost to excess) for the tank you should be fine to add 6ish

a good read
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/barbs/harlequin-rasbora.php

lowlight
02-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds good to me. I would wait about a week or two depending on your filtration before adding the other three. Six would be fine and it sounds like you do good maintenance so stocking shouldn't be a problem.

llonka
02-07-2010, 06:44 AM
wow thanks!! i didnt realize some fish shops sell other fish under the harlequin name!! that's crazy!! i will have to pay special attention to the shop here then. hopefully i can get some soon!! then work on hubby to get another tank!:hmm3grin2orange:

Aydreean
02-07-2010, 07:00 AM
the good thing about guppies is how many fish are compatible with them. Harlequins would be a nice choice and would look cool since the guppies are top level and rasboras are mid.

Gil klogher
02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
cory cats can go well with guppies. they only get to be about 2 inches llong, and they will love you. I have had platies with my guppies, but they were bullies to the guppies. Just makde sur that you alwas have good watr for them.

llonka
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I didn't want the guppies lol!! At least we can find lots of fishies that go well with them. :ssmile:

I looked into cory cats, and somebody said with my ten gallon i could only get pygmy cories. So like the peppered cories only get 2 inches?? hmm... i know our lfs has some, but don't they need sand?? I didnt want to get any if my gravel would hurt them. :fish:

Oscar_freak12321
02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
How fine is the gravel? It might be workable if the gravel is small enough.

llonka
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
umm this is what I have (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3262881&lmdn=Fish+Decor)

trying to get hubby to let me go today hahaha.:18:

VoidParadigm
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Peppered cory females get just short of 3'' long.
"Pygmy" cories are a breed in themself, with most not going over 1''.

llonka
02-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Okie dokie!! i dont think our lfs has any pgymy cories. :scry: i'll have to look again.
I think i'll just stick to the Harlequin Rasboras and try to get another tank so i can get some cory cats!! :hmm3grin2orange: