PDA

View Full Version : My nans pond..

fraley
04-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi all,
my nan is a little too old for maintaing her pond so i try to help her out..
The uv on her filter must have gone because the tank is full of aglae so im going to get this done tomorrow.
but ive noticed that two of the fish, one koi and one goldfish have what looks like a candle wax on the end of there fins. At first i thought it was a kind of fungus but have recenlty read its more probably carp pox..
Does this sound correct if so what sort of action should i take, is it maybe caused because of the extra algae in the pond..??
:help:

Drumachine09
04-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Hi all,
my nan is a little too old for maintaing her pond so i try to help her out..
The uv on her filter must have gone because the tank is full of aglae so im going to get this done tomorrow.
but ive noticed that two of the fish, one koi and one goldfish have what looks like a candle wax on the end of there fins. At first i thought it was a kind of fungus but have recenlty read its more probably carp pox..
Does this sound correct if so what sort of action should i take, is it maybe caused because of the extra algae in the pond..??
:help:

The algea is probobly cause the sterilizer went out. But i dont have the slightest clue as to what the "candle wax" is. If i had to take a shot in the dark, i would say it is a fungus, but i dont know much about diseases. Hmmmmmm, maybe reptileguy would know.

wijnands
05-01-2007, 12:29 PM
See if you can catch one for inspection. There's parasites that could be what you're describing.