PDA

View Full Version : Something strange...

LD_Sorel
04-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I have a female guppy who was healthy and pregnant up until yesterday. I went to feed the gupps in the morning and as I watched them feed I noticed that one of them was swimming a bit wobbly. On closer inspection I noticed her body looked odd...not round and robust like before, but kind of thin and wilted...curved strangely too. Her pretty fins were also lacking the colour they had before.
Does anyone know if this sounds familiar to anything you've seen before?
I am going to try looking up some info on the net, but thought I'd post a message here to see if I could get some first hand advice.
And do you think I should remove her from the tank in case she infects anyone else?
I have no idea how or what has happened!

Drumachine09
04-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Fish teburculosis. You need to euthinize it as soon as possible to avoid further infection. Be careful and use gloves.

LD_Sorel
04-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Gosh, if that's the case I better get home and remove her asap...poor girl!
Is it really infectious throughout the tank? Should I be doing anything else to protect the others against it?

Drumachine09
04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Gosh, if that's the case I better get home and remove her asap...poor girl!
Is it really infectious throughout the tank? Should I be doing anything else to protect the others against it?

I dont know what you can do to prevent it, besides euthanizing that fish, and doing a massive waterchange. It is also contagious to humans, so be careful,

cocoa_pleco
05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
you can EASILY get it and die from the disease

LD_Sorel
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Okay things may have just gotten real bad...
I read that fish TB is transferrable to humans and other animals...

WELL...I took the fish out of the tank and put her in an old tupperware container...I put the container on my counter and turned my back to rinse something off in my sink....
I turned back around and the my cat was on the counter and the fish was gone!!!
I am so freaked, is my cat going to get sick????
I don't know how I could be so careless!!!
Should I take him to the vet or do you think he will be okay? Anyone?

cocoa_pleco
05-01-2007, 11:13 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, for sure take him to the vet

Incredulous_Ed
05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh man! that's really bad! Take him to the vet!!!!! TAKE HIM TO THE VET!!!!!!!

gm72
05-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Yes, vet immediately. Fish TB is a condition critical.