PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin supplement for bettas? (Vita-Chem vs. Nourish)

CherrySparkles
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking about adding a vitamin supplement to my betta's diet, just to be sure that he's getting all the nutrition he needs. Right now, I'm feeding him only frozen foods (5 different kinds: bloodworms, brine shrimp, glassworms, mysis shrimp and daphnia, alternated throughout the week) and fasting him one day per week.

3 of the above foods are Hikari brand, so they're already fortified with vitamins, but the other two are San Francisco Bay brand and have no added vitamins.

For the vitamin supplement, I'm trying to decide between Nourish by Seachem and Vita-Chem by Boyd Enterprises.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

John Victor
03-29-2010, 06:17 AM
I think your diet plan is good. Choose the right vitamins. As lot of people suggest with bad diet. Which will result in nothing. Vitamin deficiency is almost unavoidable in our busy lifestyle.

Sarkazmo
03-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I use Vita-Chem. Seems to work fine. I feed NLS over Hikari. I love Hikari and it's great food but the NLS made my Betta fish brighter, more eager to eat, and even more aggressive. You can also add Indian Almond Leaves to your tank which really seems to make them heal really fast.

Sark