PDA

View Full Version : Our baby

Bristley
02-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Just wanted to share a picture of my wife and I's lazy little puppy, so here she is.

Northernguy
02-04-2010, 02:27 AM
She looks mighty comfy!lol
What type of dog is it,a sheepdog of some sort?

kathymac
02-04-2010, 05:14 AM
She sure is a sweet looking little thing, but can she see? Just kidding.//

Bristley
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
What type of dog is it,a sheepdog of some sort?

She's a Shih Tzu, but I have commented many times to my wife that she reminds me of the Sheep dog that used to kick the carp out of the coyote on the Roadrunner show back in the day. lol.

VoidParadigm
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Our Shih Tzu looks like a sheepdog too, since we just let his hair go wild during the wintertime. :lol:

rich311k
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Cute dog! It does look comfy.

Bristley
02-04-2010, 02:09 PM
TYA for the compliments. She's a good dog. Lays on top of the couch like that most of the time, unless she's in the mood to play, then she picks up her ball and nudges you on the leg until you throw it for her.

Northernguy
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
It looks a lot bigger than a shih tzu!lol

http://img.youtube.com/vi/QVC0_CRW9tA/0.jpg

Rue
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Cute!thumbs2:

How much time do you need to spend to keep her groomed?

That's why I have short-haired dogs...don't like grooming (more than necessary for health)...but it's nice to see a shih tzu that hasn't been clipped too...never understood why people get long-haired dogs if they won't deal with the long hair...

...but that's a personal beef...lol...I'll save the diatribe for another time...:hmm3grin2orange:

Bristley
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
We take her to the groomers to get her done professionally about once a month. Sometimes sooner if she really needs it. But my wife or I will sit down with her in the evenings and brush her hair out to make sure she doesn't get mats in her hair.

Rue
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Once a month isn't too bad - esp. if you keep up with it during the evenings...

I just cut a couple of mats out of the neck rough of our fluffy cat, she's coming up 8 years and this is the first time she's matted! Not sure what's up, but she now has an obvious bald spot in her neck ruff...:hmm3grin2orange:

Guess I'll have to start keeping a closer eye on her - could be she's just getting old and can't keep up with all the hair (didn't know she'd be so fluffy when we got her...I prefer smooth haired cats too...)...

Bristley
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
but it's nice to see a shih tzu that hasn't been clipped too...never understood why people get long-haired dogs if they won't deal with the long hair...

Yeah, we like to keep her hair long. She looks so much better that way, but when summer comes around we have to get her clipped short or she overheats when we take her on walks or let her play outside.

Rue
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't know about that...

One of the talks at the vet clinic (that preceded the puppy socialization) was about grooming and the technician said that the hair helps cools the dog down...since they sweat through their feet/ panting...

Dogs that get clipped tend to suffer from heat stress more than dogs that don't get clipped. And if you clip too short - you can also have sunburn issues...

I've heard that before as well...so I'm assuming it's all true...

Bristley
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not too sure about all that myself. All I know is that during the first half of last summer we let her hair stay long and when we walked her and played with her outside she just acted miserable. Then we got her a hair cut and even though it was just as hot if not hotter the second half of summer she acted like a whole new dog when we went out. She was much more active and playful.

Not too worried about sunburn as we didn't/and not going to get her shaved. When we cut her for this summer we're going to do the same as the last half of last summer. Just get her cut back some. She just seems to appreciate it that way, at least that's our experience with her.

EmmanuelJB
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Cute Dog!!