PDA

View Full Version : tiger barb update

Pot Puffer
02-03-2010, 05:37 PM
mornin, i did a 20-25% water change last night. the male barb that was swimmin downward again seemed to be movin around a bit more after the change last night. i cut some fresh garlic for marinade and put a couple very tiny pieces in there with em, and the first piece being a little too big they only chewed on it a bit but the other 2-3 very tiny pieces were eaten. i heard fresh garlic can be really good for fish as it can for humans so i figured id try it out. i didnt feed them very much, but everyone got a piece, including the sick one, but hes still swimmin like that. even though hes been movin around a bit more im wonderin if theres any further thoughts on this situation. thanks again everyone.

Northernguy
02-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Keep the daily water changes going.50% wouldn't hurt.Don't forget the dechlorinator!
Get your water tested and show all the perameters.
I don't know if it has a swim bladder issue or dropsy.Are any of the scales sticking up?

Pot Puffer
02-03-2010, 06:05 PM
ah forgot to mention i added aquasafe after adding half of the water back to the tank, then i added the other half, hoping it would help mix the decholorinator a bit better/faster. as for scales, after a close look no scales seemed to be sticking up. havent aquired the master test kit yet, but i plan too at least by thursday.