PDA

View Full Version : Endli Bichir killed by heater

Bennlfer
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Came home from school today and found my endli stuck behind my heater and his whole belly got burned out... Needless to say he is dead.. A pretty graphic pic:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2safbyh.jpg
Anyone ever had this happen?

llonka
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM
yikes! poor guy! i've never seen that happen before, but have often wondered if it could happen. my betta likes to sleep behind the heater sometimes so i've worried about it. sorry for your loss. :scry:

LadyHatred
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh my... Can't say that I've ever had something like that happen. I've often wondered though. I figure if he can get behind it, he can get out. Not sure if there is anything to do to prevent something like that from happening again either.

I am sorry for your loss. :11:

annageckos
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear that.

moeligerent
02-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I too am very sorry for you loss. I know exactly how you feel. Let me tell you that this happened to me once and I went out and bought an In-line Heater. I know they're pretty expensive and that you must run a canister filter, but it;s worth it, right?

Cliff
02-11-2010, 03:28 AM
OMG, I am so sorry for your bad luck, that poor fish:scry:

I’ve always been worried something like that could happen

That’s why I switched my heater to a Rena Smart Heater. It’s a non-glass resin based heater that is cool to the touch even when it cuts in. I have two 150W ones in my 55 gal (you might be able to get away with one but why risk it) and they seem to work good keeping the tank between 78 and 79.5 F.

They are not all that expensive, you might want to look into one

Oscar_freak12321
02-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Sorry for your loss...:scry: