PDA

View Full Version : Drinking from bubble counter?

Lady Hobbs
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
What the heck is this now? I had one of my gold angels that sat at the bubble counter and grabbed each bubble as it dropped down. The marbles have seen him do this so now all 3 sit and argue over who gets the next bubble.

I'm a little concerned about all these bubbles they are gulping and swim bladder. Could this be a problem? It really is funny to see them getting all mad over a bubble.

Chrona
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
LOL

It's like the fish from the dentists's tank in Finding Nemo.

To be honest, I haven't a clue. Never heard of this problem before lol. I would imagine it's similar to fish playing in bubble curtains though, no?

cocoa_pleco
04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Gulping air does lead to swim bladder. Thats why large goldfish cant have floating pellets because they gulp air down with it

Lady Hobbs
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
This is what concerns me, too. Look at this fool. This goes on all day. And he defends it like it's his very own.

cocoa_pleco
04-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I have the same counter and the bubble ALWAYS misses the counter from the actual tube. I gave up and now the CO2 uselessly floats away

Chrona
04-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Cocoa - I use these. They work much better and they look better, though you need a beefier CO2 bottle unit. (ie using a brass barb - like 2 bucks at a hardware store)

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-pcs-Nano-Co2-diffuser-Live-aquarium-plant-fish-tank_W0QQitemZ250108566075QQihZ015QQcategoryZ66794 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cocoa_pleco
04-30-2007, 02:44 AM
SWEET, i need one of those. I called hagen about my other one, and i got the WORST answer. They said that the beneficial bacteria would grow on the counter and direct the bubbles. lol

Drumachine09
04-30-2007, 02:52 AM
"MY BUBBLES" lol

Thats kinda funny actually. Hope it doesnt harm the little guys, because it sure sounds like he is having one hell of a time with it!

cocoa_pleco
04-30-2007, 03:15 AM
you should get like 20 bubble counters and it can be like a bubble bar!

Lady Hobbs
04-30-2007, 04:31 AM
I have a couple of them but they only go for this one. Here it is, 12:30 AM and he's actually sleeping about half an inch from it. If I see a trail of little bubbles behind him when he swims, I'll know he drank too much. LOL

2manyfish
04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
I think your fish is getting high! :ezpi_wink1:

I can see why they might have gotten interested in the first place, after all a slow moving bubble might resemble a small fry in a way. But you'd think that after tasting the bubble they would soon realise it isn't a fish or shrimp...
Maybe the bubbles taste like yeast or something? Can't imagine it tasting too good :confused:

BTW Hobbs, love that gold angel of yours!!! thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
It might taste like sugar. I ended up moving some driftwood in front of that bubbler. They were getting all mad at each other over it.

I think they might be missing the airstone I used to keep running for them. Since I planted their tank they don't have it. That might be a double-edged stone, you know. Maybe the airstone drives the CO2 away but the fish like it.

jeffs99dime
05-03-2007, 01:37 PM
i try not to drink from my bubble counter anymore:ezpi_wink1:

xoolooxunny
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
It might taste like sugar. I ended up moving some driftwood in front of that bubbler. They were getting all mad at each other over it.

I think they might be missing the airstone I used to keep running for them. Since I planted their tank they don't have it. That might be a double-edged stone, you know. Maybe the airstone drives the CO2 away but the fish like it.

run the air pump at night for them. Maybe they like the tingly feeling we get in the nose from drinking a bottle of pop!