PDA

View Full Version : Tank Design?

VoidParadigm
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
One of my Wood/Bamboo shrimp is going to my Mother as a birthday gift, as she loves shrimp.

It's a five gallon flatback hex. Pale yellowish/white sand substrate, with hornwort and java fern at my disposal. Both pre-soaked wood and rocks of blue, white, and brown are also available by demand.

For the past month it's just been a plastic ledge under the filter output and a bunch of java fern spread out. Not very appealing. :lol: Any help or suggestions welcome. ;) :22:

The Curious
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
You might have seen that I had a thread about a 1 gallon lil cylindar tank that I wanted to put something in. I have not put any aquatic life into it, but i put a small piece of driftwood in the tank with some Hornwort behind it, and just put an aquarium bulb into my desk lamp that sits over the tank. I got some black gravel, which I really like the look of, especially for nano tanks.

Maybe throw some of that java fern, some hornwort, or some moss around/behind a lil piece of driftwood? Simple, and pleasant.

MCHRKiller
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I would just attach some java moss to some natural looking rocks, put in a piece of driftwood and put a medium sized java fern behind it...and then have some floating hornwort.

VoidParadigm
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
lol. Bit late, eh? Couldn't even remember what thread these replies were for when I got the e-mail. :hmm3grin2orange:

The Curious
03-11-2010, 02:52 AM
What can I say...just saw it