PDA

View Full Version : Lustar hydro-sponges

gm72
04-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Quick question--I am going to add sponge prefilters to my larger HOBs. By looking at the Lustar models I can't figure out how they attach? Anyone shed some light on this? Maybe there is a better alternative than the Lustars for HOBs? Thanks, folks!

gm72
05-01-2007, 01:40 AM
No one uses them, maybe?

Drumachine09
05-01-2007, 01:43 AM
I dont use them, but, from what i can tell, they attatch to the uplift tube on your HOB. Just a thought.

gm72
05-01-2007, 01:47 AM
It looks like it, I agree totally, but I wonder why the attachment is so long? Hopefully someone comes along that uses them. Maybe I should just have asked about sponge filters in general to see what people use. I use some on my canisters, but I'm not sure they would be okay for the HOBs. I use these with great results:
http://www.aquariumguys.com/lupr.html

Drumachine09
05-01-2007, 01:49 AM
It looks like it, I agree totally, but I wonder why the attachment is so long? Hopefully someone comes along that uses them. Maybe I should just have asked about sponge filters in general to see what people use. I use some on my canisters, but I'm not sure they would be okay for the HOBs. I use these with great results:
http://www.aquariumguys.com/lupr.html

Maybe the bottom is supposed to rest on the bottom of the tank?

gm72
05-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea too. Maybe that tube going up is flexible and the flanged end on the bottom is so it can be anchored in the substrate. This would be so much easier if I knew a store that carried them.

Drumachine09
05-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea too. Maybe that tube going up is flexible and the flanged end on the bottom is so it can be anchored in the substrate. This would be so much easier if I knew a store that carried them.

Yeah, i hear ya. I dont like having to order stuff on the net unless i cant get it locally. Other than that, it has to be one hell of a good deal.

gm72
05-01-2007, 02:05 AM
I order most of my decorations online but only because a plastic plant is a plastic plant and if I like it, I like it. But also with stuff like that you can go to Petco or some place like that, see the item, and buy it online for half the price. I just put down about $150 at Big Al's online for 2 new HOBs and a large variety of plants.