PDA

View Full Version : Got a CL Euro tank now what?

i_am_511
01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
The ad said 65 gallon tank. Which would have been a 3 foot by 18 by 24 high. I showed up and the tank looked pretty big couldnt have been 3 foot. He told me it was a Euro style tank and looking up the brand i found out its a Juwel Aquarium Rio 240 Litres. The tank is around 47.5 inches long by 16 by 21.5 tall.. It comes out to around 63.5 gallons. It looks just as big as my 75 gallon.

$125 with stand glass tops Emperor 280 with BioWheel, and a Fluval 304 that i just need to get the hoses for. Several pieces of this and that. Too many to name.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/rio.htm?cat=6 this is a video someone has of this exact kinds tank.

Definely going Cichlids with this one!!!

jcarr71
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Awesome looking tank that seems to me to be a massive upgrade over what you thought you were getting. Now you can do the cichlid tank that I got the impression you actually wanted to do.

As a side, tanks that overhang their stands always make me nervous. I have no idea if that is actually a problem or not, but I always feel uneasy filling them like they are going to break.

korith
01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Gotta love craigslist deals, you end up with so many extras being tossed in. A longer tank is nicer I think, more room for ones that want to zip around. The 63.5g that you calculated is probably right, lot of companies will round up numbers to make them more appealing.

gadget228
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Sounds like you got a very sweet deal, Congrats... thumbs2:

i_am_511
01-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Cause of the built in canopy looking thing at the top it looked bigger then my 75 gallon. Yea 47.(whatever)Inches is a better foot print then 36inches that i expected.

Jcarr i didnt even pay attention to the over hang to the side but there is like a 2 inches over hang on the sides about the bottom base. Well it must be ok if they made it that way i guess.