PDA

View Full Version : Gaint Betta

cubby
01-23-2010, 01:28 AM
i want one. anyone have one or a few? or can point me to more information. i have read all i have found so far.... i am searching for a black one. prefer it not to be a short tailed version.

anyone have experience?

thanks!

EmmanuelJB
01-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Do you mean plaket (petco calls them 'king') Bettas? They are all bred to have short tails. You may find one with a longish tail but its not likley. Maybe just try looking for a bigger veil tail betta?? You take care of them like regular male bettas.

I have 5 male bettas and 8 female bettas.

VoidParadigm
01-23-2010, 02:38 AM
I've yet to see them in stores. Good luck.

EmmanuelJB
01-23-2010, 02:41 AM
I see them ALL the time in PETCO. They are pretty fish. They remind me of a bigger version of female bettas.

VoidParadigm
01-23-2010, 02:44 AM
It depends on your area. Yes, in some places they're easier to find. I was merely wishing the OP good luck on finding one since it appears they've already not been able to.

EmmanuelJB
01-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Ya your right. I have only ever seen them at petco. I may even just be that petco that they are at. I havn't even looked for them in the other petcos I have been in.

cubby
01-24-2010, 03:09 AM
i have been researching, and they can be found with long tails. i was searching aquabid, to see about availability, and found quite a few with "long" fins.... the one at the LFS is a short tail.... and he is a dead ringer for a large female betta (as has been stated)... there is a beautiful black one on aquabid, if i can go by the description.... if the size stated is correct, i would class it as a giant. it is titled "monster"...

the breeder who is credited with the breeds best shows long fins available, also.....

now... to convince the wife i need one... :help: :hmm3grin2orange: