PDA

View Full Version : My favourite ghost shrimp died!

teddscau
01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
My favourite ghost shrimp, Krill died! She looked so good last night! She was even developing a nice pink on her sides! I don't know why she died! I doubt my fish killed her. They just ignore the shrimp. None of them have died in that tank before. They even share a cave with a small clown loach. He just sits there with them not bothering them. One actually shed it's shell while it was in with the loach!

SunSchein89
01-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I feel your pain I found one of my ghosties laying on its side in the gravel not too long ago :scry: , unless I mistook it for a shell which I didn't think of. Nothing tested in dangerous levels in my tank either, I guess they're just fragile little guys.

Kazenouta
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. For future reference, the Ghost Shrimp is normally always see through without much coloring to it. Normally an orange/pink coloration is a sign that they're ill and/or preparing to pass. This is due to the presence of carotene in their bodies which will show its color upon sickness but, more so upon death.

I'm sorry again for your loss. Losing anything is never fun :scry:

teddscau
01-23-2010, 12:25 AM
She Had Fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!