PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a 10 gallon tank

BettaB
01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Hello everyone I recently purchased a 10 gallon fish tank to put my female betta in and its looking a little bland in there and I'm looking for other fish to spice it up a bit. I have in there now a Rubberlip Pleco and a female betta and was wondering what else could go in there with those two fish.

If need be I have other tanks to put by Betta so you could also suggest stocking tips for just a 10 gallon tank with a rubberlip in it.

I have been looking online and I just can't seem to find many fish that can fit into a ten gallon tank so anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Northernguy
01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:
Unfortunately your pleco should be in a larger tank!
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/pleco/rubberlipped.php

I think some cardinal tetra would look great in there!
Harlequin rasboras would also make a nice addition.
Some otos would take care of any algae probs.

rich311k
01-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I have ember tetras in my tens along with my bettas. They are pretty little fish.

BettaB
01-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestion guys! I plan on taking the pleco back I did some very instinctive buys at petsmart yesterday, which looking back now weren't very good choices. I'm probably gonna go by Petsmart today and return the pleco and see if they have any of the fish you guys suggested there. Its a pretty small one though so they don't have many choices.

I heard some cory catfish would also work well with a female betta? I've never seen any otos there that is why I ask.

EDIT: I actually have no algae in my tank I just enjoy algae eaters...just didn't want to confuse anyone...

EmmanuelJB
01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
You could maybe try a school of some type of tetra. I really like rummy nose tetras. Harlequin rasboras would go into a 10 gallon and a great too. If you want some type of algea eater a couple ottos would fit in a 10 gallon. Corrys would also be an option. Although they arre not algea eaters they are a great type of catfish too.

Since you mention rubber plecos I have a question about them for anyone who goes to petsmart... Is it common to find rubber plecos at petsmart? I have been looking for them at Petco and they don't seem to get them very often.

BettaB
01-21-2010, 01:17 AM
You could maybe try a school of some type of tetra. I really like rummy nose tetras. Harlequin rasboras would go into a 10 gallon and a great too. If you want some type of algea eater a couple ottos would fit in a 10 gallon. Corrys would also be an option. Although they arre not algea eaters they are a great type of catfish too.

Since you mention rubber plecos I have a question about them for anyone who goes to petsmart... Is it common to find rubber plecos at petsmart? I have been looking for them at Petco and they don't seem to get them very often.

They always seem to have Rubberlips at my local petsmart it is a fairly small one so I would guess they are pretty common.

EmmanuelJB
01-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Ok. Thanks for the responce!