PDA

View Full Version : New barbs...

Astrea
01-19-2010, 04:20 AM
I was really tempted to put Tiger barbs had sex as the title....

I'm going to post five pictures as they are all new additions. The first two are of the same fish. Due to the shape of the fish, I think it's a she. She's not shaped like the other three at all and I was wondering if I could get someone's opinion on the sex of at least the first fish, please?

Edited to clarify. Pics 1 and 2 are of the same fish. Pics 3, 4, 5 are all different fish. They have four baby Green barb schoolmates.

Marty
01-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Males have red color along their fins, especially the top and the tail. The first pic looks more female. The last pic looks more male (at least from those shots). I have 6 barbs, 4 Striped (like yours) 2 Albino's. One striped is horny as crap and is mating with all the females, I am watching the eggs drop, it is a very distinctive Red coloring whereas the females either have a very faint red or no red at all.

Oscar_freak12321
01-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Female. Males have an orange tip on the dorsal fin whereas females don't, and females have plumper bodies. :22:

Astrea
01-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Yeah, the plumpness is what was making me think it was female, but since I'm not an expert, I figured I'd ask.

Fish #2 (the third pic) was hot and heavy after her last night.

Oscar_freak12321
01-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Yup, that's a male Tiger Barb for ya! :hmm3grin2orange: