PDA

View Full Version : golden ram eggs!

scthomps
04-26-2007, 11:48 PM
hello all, i have a pair of golden rams that have laid eggs and are defending them like crazy. anything special i can do to insure the eggs hatch or help the parents? currently one of my emperor tetra is trying to eat them but the parents are fighting him off. should i take him out?

any knowledge/suggestions you guys may have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!

jeffs99dime
04-26-2007, 11:54 PM
place a divider in the tank to keep the tetra from trying to get at the eggs. just make sure the parents are with the eggs.

scthomps
04-27-2007, 12:13 AM
i think there are too many fish and plants to put a divider in, they laid there eggs on the crypt wendtii in the middle. i captured the emperor tetra and have him quarintined. any other suggestions?

scthomps
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
does anyone know how long it will take for them to hatch? do i have to take them away from the parents?

Lady Hobbs
04-27-2007, 12:32 AM
I think the parents will be fine with them but I'd move the pest out. If he keeps them too stressed, they may eat the eggs themselves.

jeffs99dime
04-27-2007, 12:38 AM
by the way, that's a very nice tank! good jobthumbs2:

scthomps
04-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks! it actually looks better in person, i had just taken that picture as a quick snapshot for looking back at in the future. i just got these rams last week so i was really shocked to see them lay eggs already. I used to have convicts so this isnt my first spawning but i am new to Rams. thats why any help you folks might have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Lady Hobbs
04-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I'd like a tank with the blues and golds. I wonder how well they'd get along? I know they're just a color variation but fish are odd little critters and you never know what they might take offense to.

jeffs99dime
04-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks! it actually looks better in person, i had just taken that picture as a quick snapshot for looking back at in the future. i just got these rams last week so i was really shocked to see them lay eggs already. I used to have convicts so this isnt my first spawning but i am new to Rams. thats why any help you folks might have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

we have a picture of the month and tank of the month competition here. you should enter that tank in the t.o.t.m for next month. the links for comps. is located under "competitions." just be sure to read the rules for each competition before submitting pics. --jeff

scthomps
04-27-2007, 12:49 AM
we have a picture of the month and tank of the month competition here. you should enter that tank in the t.o.t.m for next month. the links for comps. is located under "competitions." just be sure to read the rules for each competition before submitting pics. --jeff
thanks! i will definatly take some better pictures and enter them

scthomps
04-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd like a tank with the blues and golds. I wonder how well they'd get along? I know they're just a color variation but fish are odd little critters and you never know what they might take offense to.
i have 2 blue rams and 2 gold they get along fine. 2 pairs. id say they have the biggest problem with my emperor tetra for some reason. But so far no fights, no squabbles whatsover. they have plenty of room to swim and pleny of vegetation to hide in however