PDA

View Full Version : Third addition of fish.

D_Ahumada
01-17-2010, 03:56 AM
I'm looking at adding some more fish to my aquarium over this coming week, looking for thoughts and suggestions.

I have a 29 gallon heavily planted tank:

Plants:
2 bunches cabomba
1 bunch of hornwort
2 green mendo
1 large-ish sword
3 small corkscrew vial
1 fist sized clump of java moss
1 java fern
2 small frill plants.

Fish:
4 female guppies
1 male guppy
5 or 7? week and a half old guppy fry
2 albino cory

I am looking at getting a couple more albino cory, as well as some ghost shrimp (which from what I read seem to have a negligible effect on the bio-load), and possibly 1-3 Mystery Snails. I'd like to get one or two more male guppies as well to add a bit more color, but keeping with a 3-1 ratio (right?) on the guppies that is going to overstock me?

I'm thinking of slowly adding them over the course of a week or two, but again, I'm new to this so what can you guys tell me about this idea.

rich311k
01-17-2010, 03:59 AM
I think a few more corys and a few more guppies will be just fine. The shrimp and the snails will be ok as well. Just be ready with a plan to thin the guppy fry as they could easily over run the tank.

Cliff
01-17-2010, 03:59 AM
I'm pretty new here to, but I did find a post that recommended using the below website to help determine how to stock your tank. You should take a look. I found it really helpful

Hope it helps

http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php

EmmanuelJB
01-17-2010, 04:08 AM
I agree, Get some more corrys. I have a feelling that you are going to be getting some more baby guppys so I wouldn't buy anymore guppys.