PDA

View Full Version : eggs woot woot

tetra
01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
i have 5 batchs of eggs all over my glass... Witch i assume are cory eggs little whitish coloured eggs on my glass.

Any ideas what to do with them... I would like to try and get them to hatch ??

Kinda excited because i never though about breeding. Time to do some research.

Jason

Northernguy
01-16-2010, 10:30 PM
This was written by an old member.You might find it useful.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=32879&highlight=breeding+corys

tetra
01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Very helpful :19:

Btw your always like the first person to help

tetra
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
first batch of eggs died... but now i have more eggs, Gona try it again

VoidParadigm
01-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Good luck!

tetra
01-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I took the 3 out and put them in a 5 gallon with a sponge filter. Two big females and one male. So if they lay more eggs i can have the eggs and not worry about them being ate.

Void if i have any luck your welcome to some of them fry for your own tanks if you want.

kathymac
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Good luck with your eggs.I have 7 babies right now , 2 albinos and 5 peppers, they are so cute, they hatched jan. 1st. I have 1 albino about 2 months old. Love them babies.//

Algenco
01-23-2010, 08:22 PM
when mine spawn in a community tank I give them a few hours to toughen up and gently scrape from the glass with a razor blade, siphon them out and place in a hatching jar

tetra
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I put them in a net type breader about about 4-5 hours after i noticed. They went all fungy though so i threw them out. The next batch i left on the glass and not one is missing. Its about half inch from the water line and the sprayer bar is pointed at it.

I will leave those eggs on the glass to see what happens. But the next batch i will try to put in the breader again.

Jason

Wild Turkey
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
You could try running an air stone gently under the breeder net. Some people put them in another container with a little bit of meth blue instead.

Congrats and good luckthumbs2:

Hailey
02-07-2010, 03:12 AM
I put them in a net type breader about about 4-5 hours after i noticed. They went all fungy though so i threw them out. The next batch i left on the glass and not one is missing. Its about half inch from the water line and the sprayer bar is pointed at it.

I will leave those eggs on the glass to see what happens. But the next batch i will try to put in the breader again.

Jason

So how did they turn out? Did they get left alone and hatch?

Im so jealous! my corys have never bred for me. I think cory fry would be the cutest thing ever!

gm72
02-07-2010, 03:17 AM
When I want mine to hatch I remove them gently from the glass and put them in a bare bottom 2.5 gallon tank with Methylene Blue and a DIY sponge filter. Let them grow out a bit then move them to a 10 gallon with the same setup. Ultimately introduce them into the destination tank.