PDA

View Full Version : 2 plecos

lisa demitra
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Hi do you know if you can put two speciality plecos together in a tank for instance two Gold Nuggets together or could I put a Three Beacon with a Vampire pleco?

Crispy
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi do you know if you can put two speciality plecos together in a tank for instance two Gold Nuggets together or could I put a Three Beacon with a Vampire pleco?

I have 4 types of plecos together (including a gold nugget). You can see them in my sig. They get along fine, but I give them alot of room and their own territories. Many plecos don't get along with same species, but are fine with any other species. When choosing to keep different plecos, check out each one's diet needs and make sure they all get to eat.

Keeping multiple plecos will require more frequent vacuuming as they are waste machines! Check out www.planetcatfish.com and look through the L#s. Will tell you size and diet of most species. :fish:

annageckos
01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
First you need to have the right size tank. If you have anough room most will get along.
You will also get more people seeing your questions if you post in the right catogory ei: plecos. It is under the main catogory of catfish.

Northernguy
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:
I have already moved your post to the pleco section.

Plecos do better in well established that are showing signs of algae.Some also get large and need a big tank.
They do get along if they have the space and iof the tank is set up with many places for them to hide.