PDA

View Full Version : LOL bamboo shrimp molting scared me!

HomaridNoob6
01-14-2010, 02:28 AM
So I hadn't seen the bamboo shrimp in my small desk tank for a few days. It is usually pretty active. Anyway, I came home this afternoon and I look at the tank, I see a fish skeleton and I'm like WTH! The skeleton is way too large to be from any fish in the tank, and nothing is missing either. I start looking at different angles, all fish accounted for. I'm totally puzzled. A few minutes later, while I'm checking posts here on the AC one of the endler's in the tank starts picking at it, rolls it over, and it unfolds, the legs of the molt no longer look like rib bones, and then, the tail section of its molt comes floating out from the back of the tank. What a relief, I'm sitting here confused as heck, but then I find out another of my bamboo shrimp is doing well. It is noticeably larger and more colorful too! Tried to get some pics, but he's hanging out inside one of the java moss clumps right now. The pics are blurs of green and yellow and brown, so forget posting that. The shrimp looks awesome though, better than last molt, it's bright yellow and a nice rusty red brown. Must be hungry after the molt too, it's waving its hands around like a crazed sports fan. Just thought I'd share that.

annageckos
01-14-2010, 02:35 AM
My bamboo use to scare me when he would hide and molt. How often does yours molt? Mine seems like every couple of days, maybe 3-5 days he hides and molts.

tetra
01-14-2010, 02:49 AM
there shell, i guess you would call it that looked pretty real. I bought to and brang one back because i thought it died... Now i am i 3 lol

HomaridNoob6
01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
This one only seems to molt about every month or two, I have others in other tanks. Some molt more often than others, but it never seems to be quicker than every 2 or 3 weeks. This one also colored up and grew more than any of my others have in a single molt.