PDA

View Full Version : Now this is odd!

Lady Hobbs
04-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Weeks ago I posted this picture of one of my angelfish that had his lump sticking out of it's gill. It's been there for 3 months at least. It didn't grow larger but didn't get smaller, either. But last week I see the same thing sticking from it's other gill. Fish was fine and showed no stress.

I don't use salt in my tanks and haven't for more than a year. But, I added some to this tank to see if it would do anything one way or another. Three days later both lumps are gone!!!

How odd is THAT!

jeffs99dime
04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Weeks ago I posted this picture of one of my angelfish that had his lump sticking out of it's gill. It's been there for 3 months at least. It didn't grow larger but didn't get smaller, either. But last week I see the same thing sticking from it's other gill. Fish was fine and showed no stress.

I don't use salt in my tanks and haven't for more than a year. But, I added some to this tank to see if it would do anything one way or another. Three days later both lumps are gone!!!

How odd is THAT!

that is strange. very good though!thumbs2:

Rue
04-25-2007, 12:22 AM
...maybe the salt just 'shrunk' the swelling? It is odd...

Lady Hobbs
04-25-2007, 01:28 AM
I was sitting here thinking the other night that salt claims to give better gill function. True or false.......who knows, huh? I thought I'd try it and whatever it did, it worked.

Something else kinda odd ....I was reading about thyroid disease in fish. The article says that sometimes they will get a lump from a gill and if it affects the other side later on, it could be a thyroid disorder. Now I wonder about that, as well.

Why does all the really weird stuff happen to ME. LOL

Drumachine09
04-25-2007, 01:30 AM
I was sitting here thinking the other night that salt claims to give better gill function. True or false.......who knows, huh? I thought I'd try it and whatever it did, it worked.

Something else kinda odd ....I was reading about thyroid disease in fish. The article says that sometimes they will get a lump from a gill and if it affects the other side later on, it could be a thyroid disorder. Now I wonder about that, as well.

Why does all the really weird stuff happen to ME. LOL

Im telling you hobbs, its got to be that sock monster. He took your nitrates, and now the angels tumor. Whats next???

Lady Hobbs
04-25-2007, 01:32 AM
And screws up my CO2 bubbler too!