PDA

View Full Version : No luck with black moors :(

bigbad-ratman
01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
So I come home this a.m. from overnight duty, and find my black moor E-2, was looking in terible shape. His tail was bent around in a u-shape, he couldn't swim upright, and couldn't come for food. Tank parameters were all 0's, and his tank mates all look happy and healthy. In fact they were thrilled to see me home from work. So, after watching E-2 stuggle for a few minutes I decided it would be best to euthanize him. Bothered me more than when I had to do it in the past, as he was a beautiful moor. So now, after that, I have now lost both of the black moors I have tried to keep with the rest of my fancies. Now that i am typing this out, I am getting all sad again. :scry:

Cristoff
01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm bummed for your loss Ratman. I love my fancies and would hate to lose one of them.
:scry:

VoidParadigm
01-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Sorry to hear that you lost another one. =(

Did you get them from the same store? If so, try to go to a different one, to get a higher chance at getting them from a better breeder. Some fancy goldfish are so mishapen inside and been overbred so much that their lives are cut down by many years. :scry: I had a fancy who died at just two years, and another at only six months. Both deaths seemed natural. :scry:

bigbad-ratman
01-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Unfortunately I have to get most of my fish from big boxes, (and I am sure that a couple of them use the same supplier). Although I am now thinking it would be better to just go ahead and drive further (at leat 30 mins further) to get better quality fish.
I already said it, but he was a beauty and I am really bummed that he is gone.

VoidParadigm
01-09-2010, 03:15 AM
It really is a shame that breeding fish selectively usually only means the two most beautiful fish are bred together, not that the two with the best lineage get bred together. =( Creates nice money for the breeders, but carppy stock for us.

Again, my condolences about losing another Blackmoor. They really are beautiful.